Buffalo Chicken ANYTHING!

Options
tashacan
tashacan Posts: 121
OK, I love anything Buffalo Chicken! I am looking for any low calorie recipes for Buffalo Chicken... I am doing some MAJOR grocery shopping tonight so I am trying to get my list together! (you will probably see me alot today on the recipe thread) :smile:

Replies

• jen_marie_1976
    Options
    I love buffalo chicken also....i buy chicken breast, cut into small pieces, grill in pan with pam, when done i use Moores Buffalo sauce (its awesome) then i use a fat free blue cheese....i could eat that dinner every night.....
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Hungry Girls Buffalo Chicken pasta. It's delish! Pretty easy to make as well. Make husband loves it.
  • tnc9424
    tnc9424 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I love buffalo chicken too. A friend of mine did a buffalo chicken tortilla wrap and it was delicous. This is what she did:

Tyson - Grilled & Ready Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, Diced, 3 oz 110 cal
    Frank's - Red Hot Wings Sauce-Buffalo, 4 tbsp
    Kraft Salad Dressing - Buttermilk Ranch Dressing and Dip, 2 Tbsp 120 cal
    Ole - Flour Tortilla (Small), 1 Tortilla (33g) 81 cal

Hope this helps you.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bumping for later! this goes perfectly with the tailgate thread I just posted!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    boneless skinless chicken breasts
    favorite wing sauce (I like Anchor Bar brand, the place that originated the buffalo wing)
    breadcrumbs
    egg whites/beaters
    peanut oil

Cut the chicken into strips, about 1/2" think x 1" wide
    Coat them in egg, roll them in bread crumbs
    quick-fry them in a hot skillet to give them a little crunch
    coat them in wing sauce and bake for 5 minutes at 325.

enjoy

For a quicker version...
    tyson pre-cooked grilled chicken breast strips
    favorite wing sauce

Microwave the chicken strips per directions on bag
    coat in wing sauce and bake for 5 minutes

For a higher calorie meal, put them in a pita or wrap with a little low fat cheese and some lettuce. Add a little light ranch or blue cheese if you want (but obviously go easy on the dressings).
  • calialexandra
    Options
    M & M meat shop has a buffalo chicken pizza - only 400 calories for half. YUM.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm! Me too! Here are some fun ideas:

"Healthified" Buffalo Chicken Dip (great with cut up celery!):
    http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/special-occasions/healthified-buffalo-chicken-dip.aspx

Buffalo chicken wraps: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/buffalo_chicken_wrap.html

Boneless buffalo wings: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/boneless_buffalo_wings.html

Inside Out Buffalo Wings: http://adashofsass.com/2009/09/28/inside-out-buffalo-hot-wings/
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    You could even make buffalo chicken chunks and throw them on a salad with blue cheese crumbles. Maybe add some shaved carrots and cucumber. That sounds amazing to me.
  • shmo77
    shmo77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This was such a great post - thank you everybody for all your recipes and ideas! And Shamrock14 - thanks for bringing it up! :)
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    One of my favs.
    Try this minus the butter and use the 100 calorie rolls.
    I promise you will love it.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-sandwiches/detail.aspx
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! Would love some new recipes..... Here's one for Buffalo Chicken Dip that is delicious (even spread out on a tortilla)

1-9oz can of diced chicken breast (or you could dice and cook your own)
    1- Fat Free Cream Cheese Block
    1- Cup Fat Free Ranch
    1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
    1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
    Bacon Bits (the Real Kind)

Mix the Chicken, Cream Cheese, Ranch, & Hot sauce together in a skillet over medium heat until it's all melted together and creamy. Pour into a casserole dish, Top with shredded cheese and bacon. Put in oven for 20-30 mins to let cheese melt. Serve.

This recipe is approx 980 Calories for the whole thing. It fills a 9x9 square casserole, so that's at least 4 servings.

I know it's not super-healthy, but it's great for parties and stuff :)
  • tashacan
    Options
    Looking so good!!! Keep them coming!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, but when I think of buffalo chicken, I have to have blue cheese with it. So remember that Laughing Cow now has a 35 calorie Blue Cheese wedge. Yum!
  • tashacan
    Options
    Have you tried Hungry Girls Buffalo Chicken pasta. It's delish! Pretty easy to make as well. Make husband loves it.

Is Hungy Girls a brand at the store or a recipe? I love pasta too! :)
  • mattellis2
    mattellis2 Posts: 152
    Options
    tag
  • twimom03
    twimom03 Posts: 19
    Options
    A Hungry Girl Alternative to Full Fat Buffalo Chicken Dip.... You won't miss the fat! PER SERVING (1/15th of recipe, about 1/4 cup): 68 calories, 1.5g fat, 616mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 10g protein -- POINTS® value 1* ...

Hungry Girls...buffalo chicken dip

2 (10 ounce) cans chicken breasts
    1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened-
    1/2 cup frank's redhot original cayenne pepper sauce
    1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup fat free ranch dressing
    1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
    Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Mix in Frank's RedHot, mozzarella cheese, ranch dressing, and yogurt. Stir in chicken until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture evenly into a deep 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Stir well and enjoy!

P.S. We love dipping carrot sticks and red bell pepper chunks into this dip, but we've also dunked baked tortilla chips into it and used it as a sandwich spread!

HG Alternative! To make this dish FAST, skip the oven altogether. Prepare dip according to the directions, but in a microwave-safe dish. Then microwave uncovered on high for 5 minutes (stopping and stirring halfway through cooking), or until hot.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/hungry-girl-buffalo-chicken-dip-413265#ixzz1VU3hzG8K
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My mom makes a buffalo chicken dip using a can of chicken breast, buffalo sauce, and blue cheese. Mix it all together and pop it in the oven until it's heated through. I love it with celery or on a tostata shell with lettuce, tomato, and onion.
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    BUMP! This thread has me drooling! I can't wait to try the slow cooker buffalo chicken recipe that was posted. YUM!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    bump