Day 1 done!

Hey everyone, hope you've all had a good day. Today was my first day of being back on the mfp wagon and my goal is to lose a stone by my birthday in May. I know that doesn't sound a lot but I plan to lose it slowly at half a pound a week.
Today wasn't the easiest day for starting again because I had a work training day involving a sandwich and chip lunch, all the usual mini pastries, and a meal out at an Italian tonight!
I managed to make good choices though, had a sandwich with no chips, an apple, banana and just 1 mini pastry as a snack. At the Italian I chose prawns to start and monkfish as main, gin and slimline tonic.
Luckily the day included a 5 mile hilly run at an uncomfortably fast pace because I work for a running company!!! I was terrified beforehand as the others I was running with are basically built like elite marathon runners and some are pretty close to that level to be honest! So I was the fat slow one lagging far behind but I did it!!!!
Feeling happy and looking forward to tomorrow.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Sounds like a great day to me. Don't feel bad about being slow. You ran!
  • bayhans
    bayhans Posts: 25 Member
    Keeping up with elite runners is no joke! I think that also makes you elite. :wink:

And I also just finished day 1 back on the MFP wagon. It feels great! Hopefully I can stick with it to lose those 10lbs I gained back in the past year. I keep telling myself I lost more than that before, so I can do it again!
  • DeborahKilpatrick
    DeborahKilpatrick Posts: 80 Member
    Thanks guys! And good luck to both of you - we can do this!!!
  • PHOTOCHAP
    PHOTOCHAP Posts: 104 Member
    Good luck t0 all. Slow and steady always wins the race :)