300+ Ladies

Options
Hi, any girls/ladies with a starting weight of 300+. Feeling incredibly demotivated seeing these girls with my goal weight being their starting weight, it'll be nice to have friends starting at the same level.
I'm starting at 363lbs, goal weight around 220 to begin with and see where I go from there. To begin with I wanna be out of the 300s!
Feel free to add me and we can support each other! Xx

Replies

• WatchitBeginAgain
    WatchitBeginAgain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started at 336. It is possible, but keeping it off is the hard part. WFPB really helped, but I was already a committed vegan when I started. I also ended up having a VSG after I lost over 100 lbs. That has been a mixed bag. Feel free to add me.
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I started WW at 318 (started attending meetings at 305 so that is my official start weight). I've lost 80 so far (238 - it's weird to type that :wink: ) and have had my ups and downs (more ups than downs lately LOL). My first 50 I thought were "easy" - they came off in 6 months and I thought I'd be at goal by now. Took me a year to lose 30. Yeah, I get discouraged, then I think about where I was and how hard it was for me to get here and realize that I can keep going.

OMG - when you get on the scale and it begins with a 2 - you'll be dancing around the room!

(and, to be honest, I get snarky when I see some of the posts you mention - but I subscribe to "scroll don't troll" and just keep going!)
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I started at 367.8 and am currently grouchily wrestling with a plateau around 184. So I've come a long way! You can too! Add me as a friend if you like, I'm on every day (I'd add you but it's a pain in the butt on my phone!)
  • sambugjoebear
    sambugjoebear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I feel like I've found my people 😉 I just started MFP for the fourth(?) Time in Oct (it seems every time I lose weight, I get pregnant and have to remotivate myself). My starting weight this time was 318 lbs and my goal is 175 lbs. I'm currently at 310.9. Any friends and motivation would be welcome!😁 I get on here a few times a day so am a pretty active member.
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started at 312 and now I'm at 266. Good luck on your journey!
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't start out doing anything too crazy. My first thing was limiting snacking. It was really hard at first because the afternoon snack on the long drive home was more habit than hunger (and a whopping 1,000+ calories!!!). I replaced it with a piece of fruit or some veggies and a beverage.
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am 330 and goal is 180 to start, possibly down to 165.

I'm not doing anything to crazy. I just log everything I eat or drink regardless of good and bad, and will adjust from there. Some days I am over calorie limit, some days I am way over.

I just started back up 2 days ago. But plan on being here for awhile. You are welcome to add me if you like.
  • brendaathens
    brendaathens Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started 24 pounds ago at 342, my first goal is 212. I hit the milestone of actually being the weight on my driver’s license last week. I’m looking for friends who like to communicate!
  • taiye99
    taiye99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My SW after having my baby was 315, and now 296. My struggle this year is been consistent. My goal weight is 220. I’m in need of the support and buddy.
  • sambugjoebear
    sambugjoebear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We got this ladies! 💕 Some days are going to be harder than others, but we just have to keep pressing on. Yesterday was horrible for me food wise (kept eating but never feeling full, didn't track well) but today I kept myself in check and managed not to eat back most of my exercise calories. Popcorn, pretzels, and fruit are becoming my new snack favorites right now. What are some of your favorite snacks?
  • jenn8278
    jenn8278 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've started and stopped so many time, it is hard to figure out my true starting weight. My highest was on the day I delivered my twins...390. That was a shock!
    I got down to just under 300 once upon a time. I had a great support system at home and at work. Then, my best friend moved back to Texas, and things haven't been the same since. I know I need to do this for me, but losing that support at work was crippling! Anyhow, fast forward to now, and I am sitting at around 340. My ultimate goal is around 215.
    I know a holiday week is not the best time to start, but why not? I'm going to try to watch portions and track everything, and get out for a walk a few times this week.
    Please, feel free to add me. I would love to see your faces pop up on my timeline.
  • jumpingjenkins
    jumpingjenkins Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hello! I started at 321 lbs and after several years (the last 2 really trying hard) I am down to 178! My goal was 185! It hasn't been easy and for me slow and steady has been the best. I use the app to track my calories, exercise 30 min 3 to 4 times a week and stopped eating after 7 pm because I am a big tv and snack person after I get my 4 kids to bed. So keep up with your plan and it might take a while, but it will be so very worth it. Now I am trying to maintain! I am in need of more friends, please help me stay accountable and be my friend on MFP! ;)
  • jenny100986
    jenny100986 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello MFPers,
    I was once very successful with weight loss in my mid 20s (80lbs in 7 months with weight watchers and mfp)... enter normal life, antianxiety medications and some pretty big changes and here I am starting anew. It is definitely psychologically way harder to lose weight you’ve already lost once before.
    I am a 32 yo f, 5’5, the heaviest I have ever been with a goal to lose 160lbs total. I’m looking for some people with larger than normal weight loss goals to get to know and help each other stay committed! This definitely worked to keep me honest in the past. If this is something you’re into as well please add me! I’ve taken some measurements, weighed in and started with some photos.
    Looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing some mssgs in my inbox and friend requests :)
    Best of luck to all of you!!
  • Chelle4077
    Chelle4077 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I too have a lot to lose at 317lbs. I’ve lost 90lbs before on herbal magic but it’s far too expensive and I gained nearly 60 of it back. This time around I’m trying Keto. Would love to be friends and share struggles and achievements!!