Hallo all ,new here

Options
Hi everyone

I’m just taking up MFP again after a few half hearted attempts in the past.This year I turned 54, and decided I didn’t want to carry on getting heavier , looking tireder and generally unhealthier so took up road cycling in the spring - initially I was delighted to lose 19 lbs in 3 months , but since then despite keeping up all the exercise, I’ve put a few lbs back on and feel a bit stuck ........so am hoping being better with tracking will make a difference !Not helped by Chinese takeaway last night but it was a special occasion and will try and offset at spin class tomorrow........!!All hints and tips much appreciated.Currenet weight is 13 stone, current exercise is spin x 2 weekly , 1 hour horse riding ,1 hour Pilates,plus quite often another bike ride of around 2 hours

Kate

Replies

• DeborahKilpatrick
    DeborahKilpatrick Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new here too and have a stone to lose. I'm a runner and it sounds like we have the prob, exercise is on point but it's our diets that hold us back.
    No tips on diet yet as just getting started and need help too! But I am a gym instructor.... And it's great you are doing spin as that'll give you a blast doing done speedier work. Maybe add in 2-3 short weight sessions? You could do them straight after or before spin to save more gym trips. Building some muscle will mean you will burn more calories all the time and it'll help your cycling., otherwise your exercise looks totally on point!
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  • fiveelementgirl
    fiveelementgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Deborah, glad to see another newbie !!really interesting that you are having the same issues with exercise/weight .The spin classes aren't at a gym so no weights there, but I work as a massage therapist so am quite strong (mainly horses!) I'm aiming to start swapping a few meal choices and see how that goes (e.g. porridge instead of muesli ) , very best of luck to you as well !!