Where My Texans At??

Options
quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
For those of you here in Texas, I just have one thing to say that I'm sure you can agree with....IT'S HOT!!! In Houston and some of the surrounding counties they've put in water restictions and turned off several of the fountains we have here. Did you hear about the lady who got a letter from her HOA telling her to water her grass? She lives in one of the areas where they've placed the restriction, but the HOA president says all he cares about is the deed restrictions, not what the city says to do. What the?? This heat is making people crazy!!!

Is anybody exercising outside these days? I thought about it, but I haven't convinced myself to try it yet.

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Austin here, and yep, it is HOT!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ummm heck to the no! I can barely breath outside walking to and from my hot car so exercising outside is a negative. Still kicking butt in August though!!!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Hiya gorgeous! You have a cowboy in the DFW area! It's way nasty hot here everyday. But we are makign the best of it. Smooches darlin.
  • texas7005
    Options
    yah its way to damn hot outside, So glad i have an office job : )
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im near Dallas and its been pretty bad.Lots of people getting 400 to 500 dollar electric bills.
  • windian
    windian Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's so HOT in Texas this summer that the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling, the Methodists are using wet-wipes, the Presbyterians are giving rain checks, and the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water!
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm a Houston girl, too...and I can't take the heat anymore! I just keep hoping for a little tropical storm to give us a good soak. I'm trying to get out early in the morning or at night, you know when it is cooler-say about 95 degrees ;)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    so agreed, Houston is too damn hot! I exercise indoors.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I'm in Houston and I went out at 5pm yesterday and watered my lawn! All of it! No, not really, but yeah I wish one of the street pipes around my house would burst so I can be like one of those kids you see in commercials playing on the street in the bursting water from a fire hydrant!

How insane was yesterday??? On my drive home from work it was 108 with a real feel of 117!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    NO! San Antonio here and I stay inside to exercise!! Can't stand the heat! I cannot wait until it cools off and I go go for walks in the afternoon.
  • houzkat
    houzkat Posts: 78
    Options
    My fat behind can't handle exercising outside in this heat. Houston is getting beaten down pretty badly by this drought and I agree that it's making people crazy as heck! I caught a neighbor stealing water from our garden hose to fill up a baby pool and when I confronted her about it she yelled that she needed more water than my husband and I because she has kids and we don't. I sincerely think she's afraid they'll just turn it off completely. I'm just ready for some cooler temperatures because I think that will bring cooler tempers and more level heads.
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I live south of Houston, and yeah, it's HOT! This is my first summer here, so I'm not used to it yet. :grumble: I didn't hear about the HOA thing, but that's crazy! I've been wanting to start the C25K program, and everyday I tell myself that it won't be so bad in the evening after the Hubs gets home. But it's still hot, and I haven't made it outdoors to run yet. lol Maybe in a couple weeks...
  • houzkat
    houzkat Posts: 78
    Options
    It's so HOT in Texas this summer that the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling, the Methodists are using wet-wipes, the Presbyterians are giving rain checks, and the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water!

Hahaha! I love it :-)
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    oven heat here in south texas!
  • chelscc
    chelscc Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm near Houston to and all I can stand to do is swim! It's been ridiculously hot lately!
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My fat behind can't handle exercising outside in this heat. Houston is getting beaten down pretty badly by this drought and I agree that it's making people crazy as heck! I caught a neighbor stealing water from our garden hose to fill up a baby pool and when I confronted her about it she yelled that she needed more water than my husband and I because she has kids and we don't. I sincerely think she's afraid they'll just turn it off completely. I'm just ready for some cooler temperatures because I think that will bring cooler tempers and more level heads.

LOL!!! Are you kidding me right now?! An indignant thief, what next? LOL!
  • dolphin030574
    dolphin030574 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dallas here!! Yes it is way too hot to be outside. My HOA (which I hate with a passion) told us that dead grass is against the rules and were not under a mandatory restriction so until we are we HAVE to water our lawns because its a fire hazard and just doesnt look appealing. One of the lady's on the board of the HOA lives 2 houses down and she's out there every day at 3pm and again at 6pm watering her lawn. I'm sorry but I do want a healthy lawn but I'm trying to show my kids that the best thing to do when were in a drought is to conserve water!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Close to Dallas it was 109 here with a heat index even higher yesterday. Suppose to be at least 107 again today. We're under a stage 2 water conservation. The water level has become so low our water has started tasting like dirt. Literally. We had to go get a water filter. I try and stay inside as much as possible.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Close to Dallas it was 109 here with a heat index even higher yesterday. Suppose to be at least 107 again today. We're under a stage 2 water conservation. The water level has become so low our water has started tasting like dirt. Literally. We had to go get a water filter. I try and stay inside as much as possible.

The water in Forney tastes funky too now and I have no cold water in the afternoon everything that comes out of the pipe is warm
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I live in Northeast Texas and yep it's HOT and dry! Wldfires are popping up everywhere which is kinda scary.. I guess I am the lone crazy one. I run between 5:30-6a before it gets too hot, so yes, I run outdoors. I am amazed though at how warm it is even that early... I am NOT a morning person but I hate the treadmill so mornings it is...