Discouraged

Options
I'm getting discouraged on losing weight. I try to find time to exercise, and try to eat right. But my weight just fluctuates between 3 to pounds. Back last year, when I lost my mother, whom was my best friend, I lost so much weight without even trying. But now that I am trying it seems I lose a few pounds then gain it back. I've tried low carb which did seem to help, but what I was eating was not much. Now I've been trying some of Dr. OZ's smoothies instead of a meal, and it helps with keeping the weight the same but haven't noticed that I lost. And I can't seem to get into this workout thing. Was walking, now trying to get back into workout tapes. Help

Replies

• frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I learned the hard way that being conscious of what you eat isn't enough...you MUST work out as well.
    I try very hard to stick to natural foods high in fiber and protein and work out a minimum of 4 days per week. Sometimes you don't see the numbers on the scale move down (due to building muscle) but you'll always notice it in the way your clothes fit.
    My workouts usually consist of walking at a brisk pace uphill on my treadmill...then some core/toning exercises.
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    Try not to get oo Discouraged. I feel the same most of the time. You need to find something fun. I use the Wii Just Dance games, and the Wii fit. I find it fun and it seems to be working. Eat things you like, in moderation. I found that taking things away makes you want to pig out on them at some point....
    hope this helps

N
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is that fad diets (shakes, cutting out foods etc) do not work.

What works is healthy eating, and exercising. But you can't do it for a week and expect to have everything you want fall into your lap. It takes time.

Without wanting to sound as though I'm making a blanket judgement on you from one post, it sounds like you've bounced from one novelty to another.

The first week of weightloss is usually water.
    Weightloss slows after time, and with age.
    You see the first signs of exercise paying off in around 6 weeks.

But, actually, you really don't look like you need to lose any weight, so maybe you're just right where you should be.
  • dawnlea72
    Options
    Finding a buddy to walk with or to exercise with will help. Sometimes when we are grieving, we hold on to more than just memories. When I miscarried years ago, I mourned so terribly. I gained a lot of weight and it wasn't until I found a friend who understood and was willing to help me by walking with me that I realized that I needed to unload more than just weight. This may not be your situation but I felt like I needed to share that with you. Good luck and I wish you well on your journey.
  • Jazziemay
    Jazziemay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments. I do have a wii, and probably need to try exercising with it again. And if we ever get finished with all the work around the house we need to get done, hopefully my husband will start walking with me again.