Help with Macro? I’m I eating too much Protein?

So I recently decided to go leaner I was about 235 4 months ago and dropped to 208. I workout intensely 6-7 days a week and consume a flexible diet- (I will have a burger w/cheese 1-2 weekly)
With my Mesomorph Body type I started with a ratio of 40% Protein 30% Carbs and 30% Fat.

3 weeks ago I changed to 50-25-25- many days 55-30-20.

Most days taking in between 320-350g of protein. I felt less lean with the higher protein intake I’m guessing that was too much protein.

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,371 Member
    How many calories total are you eating?
  • megasdgfg
    megasdgfg Posts: 6 Member
    200g of protein, 250g of carbs, and 65g of fats
  • TDUD2018
    TDUD2018 Posts: 6 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    ccrdragon wrote: »

• jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    TDUD2018 wrote: »
    So I recently decided to go leaner I was about 235 4 months ago and dropped to 208. I workout intensely 6-7 days a week and consume a flexible diet- (I will have a burger w/cheese 1-2 weekly)
    With my Mesomorph Body type I started with a ratio of 40% Protein 30% Carbs and 30% Fat.

3 weeks ago I changed to 50-25-25- many days 55-30-20.

Most days taking in between 320-350g of protein. I felt less lean with the higher protein intake I’m guessing that was too much protein.

There are tons of youtube videos talking about protein. I would focus on taking in 200 - 225g protein, and then get the rest from fat and carbs, whatever ratio you prefer. There is very little benefit taking in 350g per 225g for your weight.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,789 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Not 100% sure what the question is in the original post.

Usually 0.6g to 0.8g of protein per lb of lean mass is considered ample for someone eating at a deficit to lose weight and is about 2x the RDA for protein.

The above is often simplified to 0.8g to 1.0g of protein per lb of target weight in the normal weight range.

Sone more recent research indicates that extending that to as high as 1.2g per lb of body weight may still offer some benefits.

Again we are talking per lb of target weight in the normal range to differentiate from an intermediate target someone may have as they reduce weight as the numbers seem to be worked out at an approximately 20% fat level.

I don't know that your probably too high to be optimum protein consumption is causing a problem by itself... but it is most certainly crowding out useful carbs and fats that might provide you with additional energy or satiety respectively.

Getting leaner is going to depend on how many calories you burn and how many calories you consume; not on your macro ratio.

Your macro ratio in turn together with your individual preferences may help or hinder your achievement of your caloric goals.

Just noticed this (the bolded).

PAV! Mr. Numbers! Master of precision weight loss arithmetic!

With apologies: Backwards.

It's 0.6-0.8g per pound of healthy goal weight (lower fraction of a bigger number), roughly equivalent to 0.8-1.0g per pound of lean body mass (higher fraction of a smaller number).