how to reduce carbs

babyblake11
babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
my favourite kind of carbs are in oats and wheat bix,
look at my diary for the last few days
i could probably cut my dinner carbs in half, im not cutting out fruit! how could i lower them? :(

Replies

• babyblake11
    bump
  • babyblake11
    bump
  • babyblake11
    well i dont fell that helped right now :(
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Don't have heavy carbs (non-vegetable carbs) at every single meal. You had toast for breakfast, bread at lunch and pasta at dinner. That's a very, very carb heavy day. Cut out at least one of those and you're back down to 200, cut out the granola bar and replace carrots with other vegetables and you’re back to 160-170ish and remember it's net carbs that are most important, subtract fiber from your carbs and when you are around 100-120 net carbs daily you'll have the most success but you'll have to try those numbers for yourself and your body type, that’s a 45% carb day.
  • babyblake11
    Don't have heavy carbs (non-vegetable carbs) at every single meal. You had toast for breakfast, bread at lunch and pasta at dinner. That's a very, very carb heavy day. Cut out at least one of those and you're back down to 200, cut out the granola bar and replace carrots with other vegetables and you’re back to 160-170ish and remember it's net carbs that are most important, subtract fiber from your carbs and when you are around 100-120 net carbs daily you'll have the most success but you'll have to try those numbers for yourself and your body type, that’s a 45% carb day.

i dont have toast for breakfast everyday and usualkly when i do i cut out my lunch carbs
  • i dont have toast for breakfast everyday and usualkly when i do i cut out my lunch carbs
    [/quote]

...you do appear to be eating bread at some point most days, perhaps if you ditched that, or even cut from 2 slices to 1 then you might lower your carb intake.
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Sorry, im a newbie, what does bump mean?
  • bump is just a meaningless post to bring the forum thread back up to the top of the list.

I'd cut out grains and sugar as much as possible. I eat almost no grains at all, and almost no processed foods, and I still find it hard to hit my carb goals - which are, admittedly, rather low.
  • doinme2011
    doinme2011 Posts: 42 Member
    how do you get the "view diary" option to show on your page? i have been trying to do this for several days and have not accomplished it yet
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    I think the person has to be your friend to view it
    x
  • THCamel
    THCamel Posts: 54 Member
    To really reduce your carbs all of the following should be avoided:

Beer, Mixed drinks, Bread, Milk, Pasta, Grains, Cereal, Rice, Potatoes, Corn, Carrots, Peas, Candy, Cake, Cheesecake, Donuts, Fruit Juices, High Carb Fruits (Apricots, Banannas, Peaches, Nectarines, etc.), Pastries, Non-Diet Soft Drinks, Rolls, Bagels, Popcorn, Battered Foods (Fried Chicken, etc.), Gravy, Honey, Sugar, and Corn Syrup.

But that might be a bit extreme :tongue:
  • THCamel
    THCamel Posts: 54 Member
    how do you get the "view diary" option to show on your page? i have been trying to do this for several days and have not accomplished it yet

SETTINGS > Diary Sharing settings are at the bottom
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    One way that I'm trying to reduce carbs (where I can), is to substitute pasta for spaghetti squash. Make no mistake--it's still a veggie that tastes like a veggie, but it makes a great base for your favorite sauces and you can make low call fritters out of it--which also tastes yummy. I LOVE pasta, but I'm pretty happy with this substitute.