Share your diet plans!

Options
Hey guys, I'm currently going to the gym regularly in an effort to keep fit and to lose weight.

However, I am currently not following any diet plans. I'm just eating whatever's healthy, or is the healthier choice. Is there a diet plan I should follow? Please recommend or share with me your diet plan, that works for you!

I need this extra push, as currently, I am not losing much weight. =(

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm currently going to the gym regularly in an effort to keep fit and to lose weight.

However, I am currently not following any diet plans. I'm just eating whatever's healthy, or is the healthier choice. Is there a diet plan I should follow? Please recommend or share with me your diet plan, that works for you!

I need this extra push, as currently, I am not losing much weight. =(

That is my diet plan. It's a sensible one.
  • lelaunt
    lelaunt Posts: 13
    Options
    Really? No diet plans? Like low carbs, proteins, fixed food items for each meal?
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Really? No diet plans? Like low carbs, proteins, fixed food items for each meal?

I've lost a *lot* of weight with healthy eating.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I am following the Rosemary Conley Diet.
    It's easy to follow & doesn't feel like a diet to me. All I have to do is stick within 1200-1400 calories a day.
    And ensure that most foods I eat are less than 5% fat per 100g on the nutritional labels.
    You are allowed a couple of treats a day which can be high fat but ideally no more than 100 calories each.
    It seems to be working well for me and I have only got a few lbs to lose. xxx
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I just try and eat balanced and healthy food - LOTS of vegetables and salad - controlled portions of protein and carbs - and little treats if I have excercised and have earned extra calories....

I also try and stay away from pre-prepared / packaged foods as they are terribly high in sodium....
  • lelaunt
    Options
    meerkat70- i cant seem to drop any weight by simply eating healthy plus ive been gymming =(

MrsWilsoncroft- Rosemary Conley Diet. I'll search it up! Thanks!

Elleinnz- pre-prepared/ packaged food. out. Gotcha.
  • forthespace
    Options
    The only sustainable way to diet is to follow your goals and limits on My Fitness Pal- don't go over your calories or fat (obviously fibre and protein is fine to go over!!) and try exercise regularly. Low-carb diets, which I have tried, work initially but become so limiting that they are not sustainable. Its gotta be good old-fashioned low fat, low calorie, and lotsa exercise :)
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You need to find something that works for you and is sustainable as a lifestyle even after you achieve your goal weight. The best guidelines are sensible and nutritionally balanced. A first good step is make sure you're watching the balance of your macronutrients (carbs, fat, protein) here on MFP.
    I personally follow Fit for Life which I've outlined on my blog (link below). It's not for everyone but is works well for me. There is a lot more information about it on the web.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/shivaslives/view/fit-for-life-136752
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    For me, I make sure I get some whole grain (so that's my breakfast with semi skimmed milk.) Mid morning snack would be a pro-biotic yoghurt, then for lunch a salad with strictly measured out tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, radishes - that kind of thing, with a protein like chicken, tuna or prawns. Mid afternoon a banana, then some grapes or blueberries just before I leave to drive to the gym. Then more chicken, fish etc and some couscous, rice etc and a side of veggies. I measure my lunchtime veggies not so much for calorie count but to ensure I have a full three portions as I'm not a 'natural' veg eater. This generally leaves me a little under, which I use at the weekend - long walk and a piece of cake at a coffee shop, or pasta portion in a pub etc. Probably not the best or worst - but working for me! Oh and the most important - I've worked up to about 2 litres of water, sounds a lot but if you are exercising it's not.
  • lelaunt
    Options
    forthespace- yea i agree on the low fat (no fried stuff or oily stuff) and the exercise part, the whole calorie thing is kinda new (a year old new) to me, so still getting in the habit of watching what i eat and RECORDING it down (one day new for me) hahaha. =)

shivaslives- Yes my lifestyle is a huge headache, I simply do not have the time to pack home cooked food in my fast paced society. =( so it's always eat out and we know just how healthy they can be, thus im always going for the one that seems the healthiest. such as salads without dressing, soupy items or mixed rice where i can choose my boiled veggies and again they are not always readily available. I'll check out fit for life! thanks dude!
  • lelaunt
    Options
    vanessaclarkgbr - two thumbs up! Sounds like a real solid plan!! I'll be taking some pointers from you such as the mid morning and mid afternoon snack. What I can probably get are fruits and digestives. I'll work on that =)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    meerkat70- i cant seem to drop any weight by simply eating healthy plus ive been gymming =(

MrsWilsoncroft- Rosemary Conley Diet. I'll search it up! Thanks!

Elleinnz- pre-prepared/ packaged food. out. Gotcha.

You might want to open your diary so people can see what you're eating? It's hard to offer advice without knowing what you're doing. I agree with shivaslives though - you need to find something that you can sustain long term, that works for you, and fits in with your lifestyle.
  • jbenton091011
    Options
    I know what you're going through. It took me four months to work it out but I eventually found what worked for me.

I restrict my diet to around the 1200 calorie mark.
    I eat water rich fruits and vegetables.
    I eat lean cuts of meat and avoid heavier meats. Turkey and chicken are an important part of my diet.
    I drink lots of water. The more the better.
    I cut out as much processed fats and sugars as possible. Fats and Sugars come from oils, grains, meats, fruits and vegetables.

If I fall off the bus, I get back on again.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    That is my diet plan. It's a sensible one.

...snip...

I agree with shivaslives though - you need to find something that you can sustain long term, that works for you, and fits in with your lifestyle.
    I'm with Meerkat and shivaslives on this one.

I know there are 1000001 diet and exercise plans out there and there's bound to be one to suit everyone, but having tried umpteen of those including Slim Fast, Atkins and WW-points, I've realised that there is no substitute for a lifestyle that includes a sensible balanced diet and some exercise :ohwell: :happy:

MFP has been the best Diet Plan I've ever found.... remind me that if I even fall off the wagon :laugh:
  • IAMQUEEN
    IAMQUEEN Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi! I lost over 22 lbs on the 50 million pound challenge! This plan works! The plan doesn't require foods that you've never heard of or can not afford. Most of the food you have in ur home already. The plan also has it set to eat every 2-3 hours. Check it out..... did I mention it was FREE! Check out the menu and the site, and tell me what you think. HTH!
  • pp67
    pp67 Posts: 26
    Options
    Most days my plan is... High protein, low carb, low fat, low sugar (sugar free in drinks), low sodium. Every day, even if I've gone outside the plan, I match my eating calories with my exercise calories ( I have over 100 lbs to lose still ) and so far I'm 3 lbs away from losing 30 lbs in 3 months and still counting.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I just try and eat balanced and healthy food - LOTS of vegetables and salad - controlled portions of protein and carbs - and little treats if I have excercised and have earned extra calories....

I also try and stay away from pre-prepared / packaged foods as they are terribly high in sodium....
    This is great advice and is what I do.
  • almille
    almille Posts: 89
    Options
    Soup has been the biggest help for me. Its easy to make a huge pot and freeze it to eat for a long time. I make 'green soup' which is an onion, chicken broth, frozen spinach and broccoli. I have an immersion blender to turn it into a slurry, and I love it! Its absurdly low cal- about 100 cal for 2 cups! I eat it by itself or add other veggies and chicken. Since soup has so much water in it you feel really satisfied. I eat it before lunch and it keeps me from going overboard on portions of other things.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I just started following a diet plan that I made up myself, which is basically a mix of plans that I have tried in the past that have worked for me. I agree with other posters, though, choosing healthy foods and exercising is the way to go!

Here's a link to my blog entry that describes my plan, in case you're interested-

http://kindlifeofleah.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-very-experimental-new-diet-plan.html