New and looking to lower cholesterol!

Options
Hi All,

I am new to Myfitness pal. I am hoping this is just what I need to shed 20 or so pounds and hopefully lower my cholesterol while eating healthier. Would love to have some motivation along the way!

Replies

• cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Stay focused. I just had my dr. appt. yesterday and was able to lower my cholesterol by 20 points. Exercise, exercise, exercise and healthy eating. Certainly not rocket science..............this forum will certainly help with motivation! Take one day at a time and keep your focus! For me, I have learned to eat little processed food - cook more from scratch and eat whole foods.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am new to Myfitness pal. I am hoping this is just what I need to shed 20 or so pounds and hopefully lower my cholesterol while eating healthier. Would love to have some motivation along the way!
    What worked for me was exercise and NO FRIED FOODS. zero, nada, none. NO FRIED FOODS!

did I mention no fried foods? ever? :happy:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    And you can cook healthier versions of fried on your own. Like chicken cooked in Panko bread crumbs on the stove top in olive oil. I would suggest also eating oatmeal every day (not the Quaker instant). Trader Joe's and Whole Foods have great instant oatmeal that has lower sugar and organic ingredients. Or just do the quick cook oats.

For healthy recipes check out Everyday Food Magazine. (free recipes online there as well). :)
  • tilda_g
    tilda_g Posts: 19
    Options
    Cholesterol is found in animal products so cut down on meat/dairy and you'll see yours plummet :)