8 Weeks Later - 0 lbs lost :(

Options
Okay so I've started my diet and work out plan 8 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks my diet was pretty poor, but it has improved. I'm consuming between 1500-2000 calories a day. I go to the Gym 5 days a week, with a good 1-1 1/2 hours of strength training followed up by 30 minutes of medium intensity cardio. I'm 5'10 and currently 229lbs. The same weight that I started at. Now I know since then I have gained muscle, and my strength has greatly increased. Is it possible that my fat is simply being lost and then gained back in muscle? Is that much possible? Just odd that it hasn't budged more then 1-2lbs up or down.

Take today for instance. 1,600 Calories, 205 Carbs, 30 Fat, 120 Protein

I know the protein is on the low side, but this is pretty much a typical day for me.

Just looking for any thoughts or insight.

Replies

• lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    have you been keeping track of inches? that might explain if you are gaining muscle and losing fat. your body could also be used to the routine you have set. try to switch it up. in any case, it sounds like you are living a healthier lifestyle, so props to you on that!!
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Okay so I've started my diet and work out plan 8 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks my diet was pretty poor, but it has improved. I'm consuming between 1500-2000 calories a day. I go to the Gym 5 days a week, with a good 1-1 1/2 hours of strength training followed up by 30 minutes of medium intensity cardio. I'm 5'10 and currently 229lbs. The same weight that I started at. Now I know since then I have gained muscle, and my strength has greatly increased. Is it possible that my fat is simply being lost and then gained back in muscle? Is that much possible? Just odd that it hasn't budged more then 1-2lbs up or down.

Take today for instance. 1,600 Calories, 205 Carbs, 30 Fat, 120 Protein

I know the protein is on the low side, but this is pretty much a typical day for me.

Just looking for any thoughts or insight.

I think it's very possible you have muscle weight, which is very good. You may even end up weighing more than before, but in muscle. Having more muscles, your body will metabolize faster, you will burn calories better. My advice is to STOP weighing yourself. Keep eating right and exercising and you will slim down. I have the same problem. I am stuck at this weight, but I feel muscles building in places I never knew I had muscles :bigsmile: . I will continue being persistent. That fatty tissue will go!!!!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You know what, when I started I had the same issues. I started drinking water, eating ALL of my calories (based on MFP suggested) and worked out to maintain a healthy deficit, and I started losing. Perhaps by over-working yourself at the gym, you're being counter productive..

Inches! Yes! Measure yourself... I began losing inches before I began losing weight!!
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Lesson that carb intake and drink more water and watch the pounds melt away!:smokin:
  • bubbles143
    Options
    My suggestion, if you want the scale number to drop is to add more cardio, I do three hours (minimum) five times a week and I lose an average of five pounds in two weeks... Now I know were all different, but I hope this helps :p
  • gina1957
    Options
    oh no, just keep at it. Everybody bodies are different and react differently. :happy:
  • pp67
    pp67 Posts: 26
    Options
    alibreasy is right!! Your carb intake is 105 gm over it's maximum. And you need to be drinking at least 2 litres of liquid per day.