New here (sort of)

Options
Hello all! I've been a long time lurker but have finally decided to start posting. I've struggled with my weight for over 10 years and am ready to finally reach my goal weight and get fit in a healthy way.
Stats:
Name: Sara
27 years old
5'4", 175 lbs
Goal: 120 lbs

Looking forward to getting great information/advice as well as support from the forums!

Replies

• djjeffa
    djjeffa Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara! there are alot of great members here that im sure will help support you and share there Knowledge
    Good luck reaching your goals
  • TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck! We're the same height (I'm almost 47 y/o) and started my journey in May of 2014. I started at a few lbs more than you and my goal weight was/is a muscular 135 lbs. It took my 9 months to hit my goal but I've kept it off for 3 1/2 years so far. My advice to you is to get a digital food scale and weigh/log everything you eat into MFP. Be honest because that will give you the best results. Slow and steady wins the race! If you can, get out and walk 30 minutes a day when you're starting out. Taking off the weight slowly with MFP will set you up for success in maintenance. Believe in yourself and you will succeed! Again, best of luck on your journey!
  • StephCain1990
    StephCain1990 Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Best of luck! We also have similar stats. I'm 28 years old, 5'3 and started at 168lbs. Down 29lbs so far and have to agree with the above poster about getting a food scale!
  • sam72691
    sam72691 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the replies! I have a food scale but definitely don't use it as much as I should! Being honest about my intake is going to be really important for me, when I actually track everything I'm surprised by how much I actually eat, even when I think I'm doing well!