NSV .... nothing too major !

Options
Tracey_Tee
Tracey_Tee Posts: 128 Member
At work, whenever someone has a birthday they bring in all sorts of goodies .... cakes, crisps, savoury snacks etc. Everything is put on top of a cupboard that I have to walk past every time I need to get something off the printer !!

Anyway, today was the first birthday since I started at MFP ..... and I have not had a single thing !!!

I know this isn't anything major but you have no idea how tempting it is to walk past all that stuff umpteen times a day !

Yay me !!!

Replies

• harric01
    harric01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That is still awesome!!! Great job!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Yay you, for sure! Well done!
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That's not "nothing major" It was your first birthday challenge since staring MFP and you passed with flying colors!!!! Congrats and celebrate that NSV!!!
  • glampixxie
    glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Smart decision! Keep it up :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I remember the days of office parties so I know it IS a big thing!!! Good for you!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    that is more major than you know! it means you are starting to live the rules you need to lose that weight. I say Great job!!!:flowerforyou:
  • domesticgypsie
    domesticgypsie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can fit the calories for a goodies into your diet. When I was overweight I avoided sweets or felt incredibily guilty. My weight gain was mostly from breads, pasta, etc and large portions. I thought as long as I didn't have "cake" then I wasn't making things worse. What ridiculous thinking! I was eating enough for three people! So now, I allow myself to have yummy desserts of all kinds, even candy bars, I just fit them into my meals. Avoiding certain foods keeps us from learning how to treat them, it's okay to eat sweets.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It is truly a psychological breakthrough to deny yourself that instant gratification 'in the moment' in favor of the long-term goal of better health. Congratulations on staying strong. Well done!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You can fit the calories for a goodies into your diet. When I was overweight I avoided sweets or felt incredibily guilty. My weight gain was mostly from breads, pasta, etc and large portions. I thought as long as I didn't have "cake" then I wasn't making things worse. What ridiculous thinking! I was eating enough for three people! So now, I allow myself to have yummy desserts of all kinds, even candy bars, I just fit them into my meals. Avoiding certain foods keeps us from learning how to treat them, it's okay to eat sweets.

I do agree with this - I think that it is very damaging over the long term to get to a point where you feel deprived all the time. That is where binges often stem from. My rules for including a treat ? I ask myself these questions. Do I have the calories to spare? Do I REALLY want the item or is it a passing fancy? Will I regret eating it after It's down the hatch? A lot of times the way to make the treat work with those questions is simply a smaller portion. When I'm done, I still feel like I'm in control but I've enjoyed every morsel.
  • cchristman12
    cchristman12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Be very proud of yourself!
  • Tracey_Tee
    Tracey_Tee Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Don't get me wrong ... I do allow myself treats and I don't avoid them totally. But at work I used to eat a cake or biscuit or sweet just because it was there. I wasn't hungry, it was just there. Now I think about whether or not I actually want to eat it and more often than not I don't.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think we all know how tempting that is. That is why we are here. Good for you!!! Keep up the good work.
  • ladysandy
    Options
    woooww .... wooohhhooooooooo.... yéééyéyééééééé..... I'm cheering for you! Hope you can hear me all the way to your work!
    Keep it up lady, you are doing wonders...
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy: :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!