Posture

Options
I have bad posture and I know this affects A LOT of things in my life. Overall health, strength, and ability, weight loss and just overall appearance in general! But I was curious if anyone includes specific posture-helping exercises to their routine. I'm definitely starting!

Here is a great blog that has posts on the four main kinds of bad posture as well as stretches and strengthening exercises that can help out! Its what I'll be doing :)

http://posture-exercises.blogspot.com/search/label/Bad Posture

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Thanks, for that, great :-)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have a background in dance (ballet and jazz), so I got in the good posture habit a long time ago. You might want to take an adult ballet class and incorporate yoga (which I also do), for sure. Both will help a lot.
  • Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have bad posture also and was too ashamed to post. Thank you for this post.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest yoga as well. Yoga is all about posture
  • dragerk
    dragerk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think the vast majority of people out there have bad posture from sitting in offices all day, not varying their workouts so some muscles get stronger than others, or many other reasons. I'm definitely ashamed of mine too (in fact, the reason I posted this was someone commented that my belly stuck out farther than my boobs! I don't have THAT much of a stomach, its just I have such bad posture! But the exercises and stretches are simple and easy. If you have dedication, you can get better posture)!

Bad posture is SO common.
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You can train each time you go through a door, say to yourself:

shoulders back and down,
    tighten abs,
    spine is neutral,
    tailbone forward,
    knees are soft
    imagine a string leading from your chest to the ceiling.

until it becomes a habit. It works great.