Taste of Inspirations Clam Cakes

Options
I got these from Shop N Save. They have the price but not nutrition info. I went to go add some that are in the database but some have 180 calories & another have 421 calories for one cake! So I have no idea which one to do.

Here is what the label says:

Taste of Inspirations Clam Cakes 3oz Clam Cake (Three in this package)

Ingredients: Clams, Onion, Ritz Crumbs, Celery, Pepper, Clam Base, Onion Salt, Old Bay, Eggs, Mayo & Spices

Can anyone give me an idea of how many calories are in this? Thanks!

Replies

• emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would guess between 150 and 250 per cake, but thats just a guess mind you!
  • kayler00
    kayler00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would guess between 150 and 250 per cake, but thats just a guess mind you!

Thanks! I thought 400 & something would be way to much for just one cake. I thought these were healthier for you than most things.
  • martinimcbride
    Options
    Is it even legal to not include the nutritional values?
  • kayler00
    Options
    Is it even legal to not include the nutritional values?

No Idea. This the stuff that they package them selves, I believe.
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Can you google the brand name and the food item and "nutritional value." Hope this helps:flowerforyou:
  • kayler00
    Options
    Can you google the brand name and the food item and "nutritional value." Hope this helps:flowerforyou:

I did and it popped up Hannaford.com and they don't even have the nutritional info - it's empty

http://www.hannaford.com/product/Seafood/Marinated-Seasoned-Smoked-Fish-More/Stuffed/Taste-Of-Inspirations-Clam-Cake/pc/28611/c/46885/sc/46891/795519.uts?refineByCategoryId=46891

Boo.
  • jatcat310
    Options
    They cannot provide nutritional information, it is against the law. Only homemade items and in store made items made be able to get away with not having a label.

Try emailing or calling the company - they have to give you the information.
  • kayler00
    Options
    They cannot provide nutritional information, it is against the law. Only homemade items and in store made items made be able to get away with not having a label.

Try emailing or calling the company - they have to give you the information.

I called and Hannaford didn't know either. They told me to go back to the store & ask. So I will. =) But I'm going to eat one for lunch anyways, because I bought two packages. =P