Weight gain...

I'm 21 weigh 216pounds (99kg) I'm 6ft 2 inch
I have worked out on average I eat 5000 calories a day, I have stopped at 99kg with a little extra fat around my waist, I'd like to lose a little round my waist but don't want to lose any mass the app seems to think I only need around 4000 to gain around 0.5 lb a week? Any help appreciated.

Replies

• youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    How did you calculate your average of 5000 calories? "Guesstimating" will typically give you a very different number than meticulously weighing and logging your food. However, MFP provides calorie recommendations, not explicit requirements, and some people are able to eat more than what MFP "prescribes." I'm no expert on body building but it sounds like you're aiming for a little recomposition, and in order to lose fat you still need to eat with a deficit, so a cut and bulk cycle might be appropriate for you.
  • latestarter75
    latestarter75 Posts: 50 Member
    Do a mini cut for a few weeks then go back to bulking unless your bulking with the goal of competing if so and your bodyfat isn’t to high (16-17%) just keep bulking by gradually adding more calories just be sure to allow yourself plenty of time to contest prep so you can diet down slowly to hang on to as much muscle mass as possible