Home Fitness Ideas

Options
Hello Everyone!

I've lost a few lbs and inches and wish to maintain my fitness goals. However, I've had to downsize my spending due to the economy therefore, I've decided to cut down on my gym membership. Other than walking, I'm interested in learning about other ways I can stay fit @ home. I use my Wii for Zumba and other fitness games as well as, stream workouts from netflix and youtube...I'M LOOKING FOR MORE SUGGESTIONS!!! THANKS:smile:

Replies

• emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? The Nike NTC app is great and free :)
  • jess_austin
    Options
    You can always buy cheap gym equipment second hand off craigs list if your in the USA or Gumtree if your in the UK. Also, there are some great free websites with full length exercise videos that include aerobics, zumba, dancercise and many more, just type free fitness videos into google and your away!!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    You could do the 30 Day Shred by Gillian Michaels. Just wait 45 seconds and click on regular download, then book mark the page with the video. ITS FREE!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V04V4SX7
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone you can download (for free) flat belly, lite workouts, BOOTCAMP, fat loss, arm workout, abs, crunchfu...just to name a few.
    Another thought is to borrow DVD's from your library which would help you change up your routine. Look on youtube and pull-up bootcamp exercise which uses your body weight to build your strength.
    Good luck with the change.
  • suzibrew
    suzibrew Posts: 23
    Options
    I am not sure who your cable provider is but we have some free on demand exercise programs. I have verizon FIOS.

good luck!
    susan
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Check out scoobysworkshop.com. He has a whole range of resistance exercises he performs at home with just a cheap set of dumbells. He has great videos demoing all the exercises. He even has meal plans and training plans to help get you started. And it's all free! Good luck!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    We don't own weights so we use big books, chairs, bottles of wine, etc. Try jogging in place while cleaning your house or stirring something on the stove. During commercial breaks do some jumping jacks/crunches/what have you.
  • blacrasberri
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the great ideas. :happy: :happy: :happy: Yes, I have a smartphone so I will download the mentioned apps. My cable provider is Time Warner Cable and there are on demand exercises I forgot to check out. Once again thanks for all the tips and tricks to exercising. :wink:
  • sweetchick06
    sweetchick06 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    And never under estimate the power of walking! Start a walking routine. Once you can consistently walk at a brisk pace at least 30 minutes 3x a week, start thing about becoming a runner. The Couch to 5K is a great running program for beginners that you should check out. There is also free apps for it! This program is so great. I never thought in a million years I would be a runner.