Super SLOW but Steady Losers

Options
Don't know what I am doing, I have not created a group before.
I want to start a group of those who may or may not have a lot to lose, but know from years of dieting that they lose weight slow.

I have lost & regained weight over and over, I see the frustration of people who are trying to lose that pound or two a week, but still question why the scale is not moving downward fast enough. Personally I can't do it again, I don't know if my new strategy will even work in the long run, but I just can't get on that roller coaster again.

I would like a group that commits to the following:

Eat Healthy ---- but not stressing about every calorie
Move Your Body ---- everyday we walk, stretch, dance, do calisthenics. something to get your blood going, your heart rate up, maybe a little sweat.
Be Positive about your Journey ---- Life happens, things are not always pretty or perfect

Post here if you are interested in a group like this & what you think the group should do???
I am looking for ideas and suggestions. Thank you!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    There is a club already you could probably join. It's the Turtle Club. If you click on search right above. Type in turtle club you will find it.
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    hey that's me!!
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great thought...I am losing anywhere from .4 -1 pound a week. I have down to lose 2 pounds but it just isn't happening for me. I am all about encouraging words, keeping diary open so others can give me constructive feedback, et. al., exercising in some form or fashion.
    Lori
  • KellyLyn2011
    Options
    I'm a very SLOW loser too. It's so frustrating. Relatively I don't have a lot to lose, but I've been trying to lose the same pounds for years. I get soooo close to my goal and then just get frustrated and give up because it seems like the scale does not want to move. Years ago someone at Weight Watchers told me my goal was unrealistic, even though it was on the high side for my height and frame. I think I've let that stick in my head and let it get to me when the scale stops moving.

My primary goal is to get to my ideal weight and just maintain while staying healthy and enjoying life. I don't want to be a slave to the scale!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I have at least 30 more pounds to lose but I'm definitely a slow loser! I'm game for this group! I view my journey as changing my lifestyle and making healthier choices most of the time. I want to live my life normally without always "dieting". Some days are better than others but getting back on track after is the key for me to move forward. I don't weigh weekly or even biweekly because the numbers don't move very often and it frustrates me. I prefer to measure my success by my energy level, how my clothes fit and how I basically feel.

So count me in!