Keep your comments to yourself!

Options
quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
Does anyone have that person at their job who just HAS to comment about something you say or do? There is a lady who works at my job and when she passes my desk she makes some sort of comment. Whether it's about my hair (my hair is natural (without chemicals) so I can do a lof of funky cute stuff with it) or me dancing in my seat because I like the song I'm listening to...whatever I'm doing at the time she passes, she always says something. Most times I just laugh it off, but there are times when it gets on my nerves. Why can't she just pass by and not say anything? I don't get it.

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    To quote my sister... "haters gonna hate." Sounds like you have fun. Ignore the lady. :-)
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    She sees you happy and wants to rain on your parade! Misery lovveeesss company. Keep your head up, she probably leads a miserable life and her comments is all she has. You got it going on !
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Put up a sign that is eye-level that refers to her and only she would know what it's about. "Don't comment....You know who you are..."
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Yes! Mine is my mother-in-law... need I say more?
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just her strange way of being friendly?
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i have a lady who is obsessed with my eating. Because i always turn down donuts, sausage rolls etc (being good!) when im eating my sandwich or some she always goes "omg get a camera shes eating!" or "OMG SHES EATING!" does my head in!!
  • livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What kinda things does she say? Is it derogatory comments? Snide remarks?
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Here's my advice:

1. Create a sign saying "Shut yer trap" or something similar. Get your point across nice and clear. My advice would also be "Shut your piehole before I shut it for you"
    2. Keep handy at desk.
    3. Hold said sign up as she approaches your desk.
    4. Repeat as necessary.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    She sees you happy and wants to rain on your parade! Misery lovveeesss company. Keep your head up, she probably leads a miserable life and her comments is all she has. You got it going on !

I was just going to say, misery loves company!!! :D
  • tammyshan
    Options
    There are always those types of people around and they drive me CRAZY! Maybe put up a sign on your desk that says something like "Don't miss a good opportunity to shut up".
  • joannahavana
    Options
    Jealousy maybe!
  • tammyshan
    Options
    Looks like we're all thinking the same thing with the signs. lol.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker who refuses to say anything nice at all. You can be so kind to them and they choose to be an *kitten*!

I can only assume they are that miserable, and feel they need to lower others self esteem, to boost thier own egos! If they could only see how foolish they act!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    does she have any friends?? maybe she says those things because she dosn't know how elce to be friendly and chummy with you. maybe she has a hard time making friends. i had a girl at work who would always do things like that or she would but in on conversations and when you would ask her to get a file for you (she was a file girl) she would ALWAYS say "no, emily" just kidding around but she ALWAYS said it and she was very anoying. i think she just didn't know how elce to interact with people because she didn't have many friends.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    cause their insecure about themselves and jealous... so they feel the need to put someone they probably like or maybe dont like down just to make them feel superior!

its really pathetic if you ask me.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I used to have a magnet that said "BE NICE or LEAVE" that I used at a place I once worked at. Sounds like she needs to be told off...
  • SeeMeShrinkDown
    Options
    Truthfully, I used to be like that, feeling like I always had to say something when I passed someone at work. I felt like I was being rude if I didn't. Or awkward. Now I realize it's not necessary. Could that be true for your co-worker? I don't know. Some people have better social skills than others.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'd do the opposite, start walking by her desk every 15 minutes for one day and make comments til she got the point. But I'm a vindictive type of person.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes! Mine is my mother-in-law... need I say more?
    omg...I get so much unsolicited advice from this person, I get stabby.
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    i have a lady who is obsessed with my eating. Because i always turn down donuts, sausage rolls etc (being good!) when im eating my sandwich or some she always goes "omg get a camera shes eating!" or "OMG SHES EATING!" does my head in!!

I would punch her! LOL.