Working from home...the only downfall

Options
Good morning, all!!

I am looking for some other work-from-homers out there. I would love to hear your strategies for staying on track, weight loss-wise. It's amazing to me how focused I can be on my work, yet the cabinets, refigerator, and hiding places call my name on, what feels like, an hourly basis.

What are some ways that you stay focused while keeping your health goals at the forefront? I would love to get your input! Feel free to friend me!

Energized and looking to keep charging!

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Good morning, all!!

I am looking for some other work-from-homers out there. I would love to hear your strategies for staying on track, weight loss-wise. It's amazing to me how focused I can be on my work, yet the cabinets, refigerator, and hiding places call my name on, what feels like, an hourly basis.

What are some ways that you stay focused while keeping your health goals at the forefront? I would love to get your input! Feel free to friend me!

Energized and looking to keep charging!
    • Time management. When to help with cooking meals, when to tidy up & deep clean (always daily) and do laundry (clothing and linens - once each weekly), when to commit to my 4 hours max. time to work, when to commit my 2 hours for study, when to run errands, when to avail myself to commit to community responsibilities (children's safety primarily), when to ready myself for my workout AND I stick to it.
    • Reorganising life to accommodate when to eat, when to workout
    • Nuts and seeds plus water were my Friendlies. Now, I'm all about my oranges fresh off the grove.
    • Progression photos and measurement updates
    • Working towards a target weight and look, by a deadline on a monthly basis

• adinaahl
    adinaahl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work from home too and I can't say I snack a lot but boy I move very rarely from my desk... Also looking for tips for people WFH :)
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I work from home. I have found it useful to have a strict schedule that I follow, as well as a meal plan. I don't keep food in the house that I can't control myself with (ice cream or chocolate). That way, if I really want something like that, I have to go out and get it. Working from home is certainly a struggle at times, people think it's all fun and lounging around in your pyjamas, but I do function better in a structured environment.
  • Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I only do once a week wfh but on that day I struggle with food and I hardly move.
    Unlike office, I take 3 walks (lunchtime and alternative to bus) and I don’t eat (feel awkward eating in office anyways).
    I have bookmarked this post. I am going to need these tips too. Thanks for asking @EnergizedMomma