Keep your comments to yourself!

Options

Replies

• Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have a guy here at work that does the same thing. He runs and bikes daily and probably has about 1% body fat. I was looking at the Couch to 5k program online and he said I should be able to do that already and blah blah blah. Needless to say he was luck I didn't chuck him in the throat! She is probably miserable in some way or another and trying to bring your mood down. Stay happy and beautiful and try your best not to let her get to you. And remember...............don't throat chuck her :smile:
  • kaymac1908
    kaymac1908 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to have a magnet that said "BE NICE or LEAVE" that I used at a place I once worked at. Sounds like she needs to be told off...

I have the SAME magnet on my whiteboard in my office! LOL
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i have a lady who is obsessed with my eating. Because i always turn down donuts, sausage rolls etc (being good!) when im eating my sandwich or some she always goes "omg get a camera shes eating!" or "OMG SHES EATING!" does my head in!!

I would punch her! LOL.

i have wanted to for ages believe me haha
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    There's a lady I work with who does the same thing. No one likes her, it's like she has no concept of what's ok to say vs. not. She's asked me if my daughter was going to have a playmate at home (No, I'm not pregnant!), made comments like she's lucky she never gets pimples because it would suck to have to walk around with something so big on your face... and she even tried to touch me once. I had just had several moles removed and she came into my cube out of the blue and said "Oh, is that infected?" I turned around at the sound of her voice and saw that she was reaching forward to poke my "mole hole"

1) If it looks infected, WHY do you WANT to touch it??
    2) Don't flipping touch me. Ever.
    3) No it's not infected, retard, skin was burned off.

Wow, that was a good rant. Thanks guys lol.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I used to have a magnet that said "BE NICE or LEAVE" that I used at a place I once worked at. Sounds like she needs to be told off...

The sign on my desk says "I HATE EVERYONE PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THIS" LOL! Maybe I should work on my people skills :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    i have a lady who is obsessed with my eating. Because i always turn down donuts, sausage rolls etc (being good!) when im eating my sandwich or some she always goes "omg get a camera shes eating!" or "OMG SHES EATING!" does my head in!!

I would punch her! LOL.

I'm guessing she's the ringleader of the donut eaters in your office?
    I'd make the same comment, only say "OMG...she's NOT eating...get a camera"...maybe she'll get a clue.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    cause she's stupid. thats just lame period. we have one of them here and i just keep on being me and say "dont hate me cause you aint me" which usually ends with them chuckling and probably going to their desk and crying cause they aint me! lol

nah just kill her with kindness. after a while she will stop responding cause youre so damn pleasant! no one wants to be a round a happy person when they are miserable.

we have another troll here that is the rudest person and loud and a nazi file clerk. I finally had to tell her she needs to lighten up. Well she did literally. she joined weight watchers and dropped 30 pounds and now isnt half as bad to be around. She is still a nazi file clerk but she can actually be fun to talk to.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Dance in your chair for all you are worth and when she walks by, smile a HUGE smile, because you know you are a happy, healthy person and she is just going to have to deal with it!!! I car dance all the time, with my kids and I don't care who sees or what sour faces they make because I love it and so do the kids (ok, the teenager hates it but she is a teenager!)

I have even gotten out of the car in the driveway and danced with the kids while the music blared out of the car! I like being the crazy lady on the block, but it makes other people smile too. :bigsmile:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options

I would punch her! LOL.

I'd make the same comment, only say "OMG...she's NOT eating...get a camera"...maybe she'll get a clue.

Ooooh would she like some ice to go with that burn? LOVE IT!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she is jealous and you are handling it well by laughing it off. When she see's you be-bopping in your chair, why not say to her, " Do you like that song too? Wanna join me ? "

Actually I have found in my experience that when somebody does/says something that gets under my skin, I start praying... not for them to change, but for the good Lord to show me why the person acts that way. We all have stories and I find the nasty/snotty/hurtful people are often the ones who are the most insecure deep inside. Also from my persepective, when I recognise they are likely coming from a place of hurt, then I find I don't respond in a like manner and can look at them with compassion. Maybe she needs a friend, who knows if this her backwards way of reaching out to you?! :smile:
  • 2fabulous2Bunfit
    2fabulous2Bunfit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    She's probably TRYING to get to you! Don't let her know it's working OR comment back. When she says something about you hair bad or good. "That's a different style" Say "Thanks! I'm so blessed with having good hair!" "Are you dancing or working?" Say "Both! I have really awesome mutli-tasking skills!" Snide comments- but also positive- help sometimes. Or you can always try the forward approach "I'd appreciate it if you'd keep you comments to yourself when you pass my desk. The comments you make are distracting me from my job." Good luck! My mother in law always comments on everything. I am more of a snide comment person- so it usually shuts her up for a couple minutes at least! :)
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

I would punch her! LOL.

Ooooh would she like some ice to go with that burn? LOVE IT!

yeah she is the one tha always buys them for the office...that is a great idea! lol

xxx
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Be nice! Nothing turns off a busybody more than smiling, saying thank you for noticing and then paying them a compliment. Now I'm not saying you need to turn the other cheek, but well placed "dripping with honey" sarcasm works too!

Like boomboom said be overly pleasant! Plus it makes'em wonder what you are up too.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    yeah we have a lady who does that too.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'd do the opposite, start walking by her desk every 15 minutes for one day and make comments til she got the point. But I'm a vindictive type of person.

Me too.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Be nice! Nothing turns off a busybody more than smiling, saying thank you for noticing and then paying them a compliment. Now I'm not saying you need to turn the other cheek, but well placed "dripping with honey" sarcasm works too!

mmmm....sarcasm. And honey!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Not at work, but I have a couple of people in my life who feel the need to comment negatively about everything I do.
  • 2fabulous2Bunfit
    2fabulous2Bunfit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA... you should say "OMG take a picture, she's eating ANOTHER donut!" LMFAO!!!! Probably not the most mature thing, but it would be FUNNY! :laugh:
  • diane423
    diane423 Posts: 48
    Options
    Just ignore her.. People like her just feed off of negativity.. We all are beautiful in our own way... some people just dont wanna see that.. SMH...
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I'm in cubicle hell. She's loud and likes to talk. So many times I'm turning bright red because whatever she's talking to me about (i.e: "ooooooooh what did you bring ME TO EAT??" when she saw a cake caddy on my desk or "ooooooh pretty flowers, what's the occassion?!??!?!? I better get flowers like that!!!"), everybody can hear it!