Day 1 (again) starts tomorrow

Options
I struggle with binge eating and keep falling off the wagon. This time last year I had been working my butt off and down 30 lbs. At this time I was 30 lbs away from my goal. Little by little I derailed and have gained everything back. I've tried many times since to get back on track but only make it a few days. I can't live like this any more so tomorrow starts Day 1 (again) and I hope I can do it this time.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Have you had a counselling to help with the binge eating? It may be what you need to stop the derailing.
  • MamatoMaybaby
    MamatoMaybaby Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you had a counselling to help with the binge eating? It may be what you need to stop the derailing.

No but I think I may need to look into. I've kind of beat myself down and wondered why I couldn't just do it myself but I might need some help.
  • KrisMay2021
    KrisMay2021 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting again tomorrow too! I have tried this lots of times and lost weight but never stuck with it. I would love to lose 40 lbs.
  • MamatoMaybaby
    Options
    KristylMc wrote: »
    I am starting again tomorrow too! I have tried this lots of times and lost weight but never stuck with it. I would love to lose 40 lbs.

Best of luck to you!! This seems like a great community for support 😊
  • zombiereds
    zombiereds Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too. I've gained 80lbs and I can't stand it anymore ><
  • MamatoMaybaby
    Options
    zombiereds wrote: »
    I'm starting again too. I've gained 80lbs and I can't stand it anymore ><

Good luck!! We can do this.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

I agree with councelling for the binge eating.

But another thought, maybe you are going too hard core on the diet part? Trying to cut too much and not keep any foods you like? Maybe aim for a slower loss rate where you feel more in control?
  • MamatoMaybaby
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Good luck.

I agree with councelling for the binge eating.

But another thought, maybe you are going too hard core on the diet part? Trying to cut too much and not keep any foods you like? Maybe aim for a slower loss rate where you feel more in control?

You are completely right. I do tend to go all out or restrict foods to try to get quick results. I'm learning that eating what I want but staying in my calorie range will be what works for me.

Thanks!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    What are you doing differently this time?
  • MamatoMaybaby
    Options
    Day 1 went well. I enjoyed pasta and a breadstick (love carbs!) and portioned it out so it fit my calories left for supper. It was probably a third of the amount that I normally eat but I enjoyed it all the more knowing this. Thank you to everyone for the advice! 😊
  • MamatoMaybaby
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    What are you doing differently this time?

I'm going to be more mindful, mostly. I have to keep reminding myself of my goals and not to act on impulse. Staying within my calories and try to get my steps in. And if I overdo it, just get back on board right away.