Shrimp and oil questions

Options
When weighting out peeled raw shrimp which still has the tail on do you weight it with or without the tail?

Should i be logging all calories from oil even if there's some left on the pan as usually when i weight out whats left it's between 3 g to 5 g from 15 g i used when cooking?

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I weigh it without the tail, I don’t cook it with the tail, and I don’t eat the tail (obviously) so I don’t weigh it. I just throw them away.

I count all the oil I poured into the pan, I don’t try to figure out what was left in the pan at the end. I also almost always cut the amount of oil in half when following a recipe because you never need as much as they say you do.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    weight without the tail uncooked if using a raw entry; i also count all the oil but try to limit it as much as possible
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I count all the oil. The only time I worry about shrimp shell weight is with peel and eat. A pound of peel and eat has about 2 (dry) to 4 (wet) ounces of peels.
  • thaevilgenius
    thaevilgenius Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1kg of complete shrimp yield about 300g of pure shrimp to cook. I add 2 table spoons of olive oil and count them even though I never eat all the oil. Shrimp is the healthiest of all as for every gram of shrimp you eat it equals 1,2 calories and plenty of protein