Cheap Calorie Snack Ideas

Options
roodrallec
roodrallec Posts: 1 Member
edited November 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Something that doesn't need prep work, really low calorie, to just munch on between meals and quiet my stomach. And something a little more flavourful than celery. Thoughts?

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    popcorn, gum, any other veggie. Sometimes I'll have one of those crystal light packets or the hawaiian punch ones for 10cal. sunflower seeds keep me busy so they help too.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,840 Member
    Options
    Pretzels?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yves Veggie Dogs in the family pack are 45 calories each. (The smaller packs have larger dogs that go 60-80 calories.) I pay attention to protein and iron and each dog give me 8g protein and 15% of my iron RDA.

String cheese is 80 calories apiece.

Fiber One bars are 90.

I sometimes snack on dry cereal too. Mostly for the iron. Quaker Corn Squares is 110 calories and 30% of my iron RDA for 30 grams. It's not sugary, but it's sweetish.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Red bell pepper strips. They required no more prep than celery and much more flavorful. And they are very low in calories.
  • katijjaa
    katijjaa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I second seaweed. I also recently discovered these healthy meringues with 2 calories each with many flavors. I think you will find it in healthy stores.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Driscoll's raspberries. 52 calories per cup.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    It's on the sweet side, but sometimes with my cup of tea I adore having an unsalted rice cake (40 cals) with a tablespoon of fruit butter (20 cals). Right now I'm making my way through a jar of rhubarb butter and it is so satisfying!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Vegetables with herbs and vinegar or plain
    Cottage cheese
    Yogurt
    Fruit
    Cheese
    Hard boiled eggs
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    jerky
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I am a massive fan of popcorn. The stove top Whirleypop will pop every kernel of 50g serving with 4 grams of peanut oil and not taste like styrofoam air pop. 186 cal for about 6 cups popped.
  • sw99
    sw99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get a bag of radishes and slice them up thin. They're crunchy and low cal and aren't celery so they've been great to snack on. If it fits with your diet you can salt them too.
  • Phoebe5164
    Phoebe5164 Posts: 79 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Pickles, baby carrots, gum, water with ice, frozen grapes ,

I’m a big fan of fat bombs ( I’m not a keto fan), I find the good fat is very satisfying. The lemon/creamcheese ones I have on the freezer are fantastic 😊
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jello with a little hit of light Reddi Whip is one of my favorites. The Jello (which honestly does not taste sugar free!) is 10 calories and the Reddi Whip is 5 calories for 2 tbsp. I just seen almond and coconut milk Reddi Whip at Walmart the other day, too, if you're looking for something more health conscious, but I haven't tried them so I don't know what they taste like.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Popcorn for me. You can get the smaller bags that have around 100 calories. They are just the right size for one person and allow you to eat the whole bag.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Rye cracker bread and a smear of whipped peanut butter.
    Pears or apples and a bit of cheese or some cashews or walnuts.
    A banana.
    Boiled egg with some S&P.
    Those mozarella and prosciutto roll ups.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i like a date stuffed with one of the nut butters (almond, cashew or pistachio)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I find the calorie count of dates fairly insulting :D
    Add nut butter to it and it's like a meal's worth of calories.