Needing to lose 100 lbs or more

Options
I stepped on the scale this morning and was shocked to see 288.8 lbs! That can’t be right. I got on the scale again for confirmation. Yup. 288.8 lbs. I’m not sure where all this weight came from but it’s time to do something about it.
I turned 37 this month and realized all the selfies I’ve been taking are mostly just my face. So from now on I’m taking full body pictures and taking accountability. Anyone else in this boat with me? Feel free to add me.

Replies

• paat0621
    paat0621 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI I just began two weeks ago. Also 289 lbs. I had not realized how much I gained since I´ ve always just been big and used to it. but my back pains and always feeling tired have left me no choice but to begin. in 10 days Ive lost 7 pounds (some of which is just wáter) still pretty happy. So Good luck and the best best wishes on your journey. staying at 1200 calories per day. 2 litters of wáter daily. vegetables salmon, chicken. I haven began exersicing yet
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Caseyloupuckett Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago. Have lost 10 pounds thus far I currently weigh 314 so i need to lose 169 pounds
  • Babs5420
    Babs5420 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and have about 100 lbs to loose. I started at 250lbs. I lost about 20lbs a year ago and now I’ve gained it all back. It’s hard when I feel like I am dancing with the same 20lbs over and over again.

For now I’ve cut out soda. I have some coffee in the AM but water the rest of the day. I’ve taken up yoga. When I finally get rid of this cold I will be attempting to get in 10k steps per day. I am going for gradual changes over time this time instead of crash dieting.

I would love to make some friends MFP to help stay motivated.

Good luck to you in your journey!
  • Dawnvt76
    Dawnvt76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here. Hopped on the scale this morning to see 300.9. I was so pissed off st myself. I got into the 100s a couple years ago and vowed to stay there. I didn't.
    Now I'm back on this journey to try to get all this weight back off. It takes so long to take it off but so little time to put it back on. I want to look decentish before summer rolls around.
  • Karrice12
    Karrice12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started 2 months ago, I have currently lose 22 pounds. I still have 130 to go! Feel free to add me anyone!
  • kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I got the shock when I went to the ER and saw my weight. 370. I went to a new doctor 2 weeks later. I started my journey on October 17th as of that appointment. She told me to keep a food diary. She is very supportive. I came back to the doctor two weeks later for a medication check up and lost 9 pounds. I will go back on the 14th for another check up. I hope to be in the mif to lower 200s by next December when I graduate from University!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Started on 170 kg - 375 pounds in March 2018. So far I have lost about 25 kg, 50 pounds. Thanks to MFP and supporting members. Take it meal by meal, day by day. Started to walk - initially managed about 15 minutes. Now I can do up to 2 hours sloooowly - but I am getting there.
  • DonnaKelly79
    DonnaKelly79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies! I too wished I had a set of stronger prescription glasses when I saw that scale read over 300lbs.... WHHAAAAAT! I started at around 315lbs in early September and was 295lbs as of 10/21/2018, so 20lbs down so far! (My pic is of me when I joined MFP 4 years ago, 70lbs lighter - and didn't USE MFP so I am back with a vengeance and this is *the* time.)

I only weigh myself once a month as I'd die if I put in this much effort and didn't lose any weight per individual week. Already I feel amazing: stretch-marks have faded and I don't snore as much, my goal is to reclaim my chin, haha. Best of luck and light to you all!
  • JadeShannan94
    JadeShannan94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So, here goes. I'm 24 years old and I'm at breaking point. I'm 364lb and utterly depressed and disgusted with myself. I know that now is the time I need to make massive changes and get my weight down for my health and mental health:(
  • LesyaKoese
    LesyaKoese Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody 😊 I´m 26 and my current weight is at 234 pounds. My ultimate goal is about 120. I started my fitness journey in the beginning of this year…trying several diets, including keto etc. but nothing worked. I actually felt worse than before because as much as I tried, I was not losing any weight so I stopped doing diets. For a few months now, I only count my calories and so far, I lost 20 pounds. I really works for me AND I don´t have to completely stop eating the things I really like. Just moderate portions.
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to support each other