What’s usually your biggest meal of the day?

Options
Just curious!
:)

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Medium sized meal mid-day, larger meal in the evening, then snack before bed.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My evening meal
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Dinner. If my evening meal is too small I get hungry when I'm falling asleep.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Breakfast!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Mid day Monday through Friday. Evening Meal on weekends as hubby is home then.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Typically, breakfast. I enjoy breakfast foods the most and having a large breakfast makes me less hungry throughout the day. I usually eat something very small for lunch and then a larger dinner.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Snacks.
  • Chasbo99
    Chasbo99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for sure. Like @DougBobrow mentioned, starches and fruit and protein. I typicaly stop eating by 7-8pm at night and workout in the morning before I eat breakfast. So for me, breakfast is the biggest meal.
  • DougBobrow
    DougBobrow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dinner for me. Can eat fairly light up to that point but when it's dinner time I'm ready to eat heavy.

What does eating heavy usually mean for you?
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Most of my calories are used at that mealtime.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    zanhuor wrote: »
    Just curious!
    :)

Obviously, it's really going to be highly variable. Some do well with breakfast, some don't. Some prefer a big supper, some don't. Some snack, some don't.

Divide your day how you need to. :)
  • soul_hunter
    soul_hunter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dinner is my biggest meal and sometimes my only meal with I'm IF'ing
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Snacks
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    Varies by day, as does the number of meals/snacks I eat, and what time of day I eat them. I try to spread protein across all the meals I eat, and to make sure I get some fats when eating veggies (on speculation, in case it helps with utilizing the fat-soluble ones). My only timing rule is to wait after taking thyroid meds, before eating, as per directions. (Eating right before bed doesn't give me reflux or interfere with my sleep, as it does for some people).

For anyone who does not have a relevant health condition, and who isn't an elite athlete trying to squeeze out that extra 0.5% of performance, timing of eating is mostly a matter of personal preferences and needs, as far as I've been able to determine.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Definitely dinner