Struggling For Consistency

I am not very consistent with eating at the same time, working put & weighing myself. I need some planning.

Replies

• JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    It can be hard to stay consistent. It gets easier once you make it a habit/part of your routine. If you have someone that can be your accountability buddy-to make sure you plan and log your meals, work out and get your weights in and recorded that helps. My cousin and I message each other to check in. Maybe meal prep in advance?
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Why not go for a consistently in one place at the time? The smaller the steps are with consistency the easier it isis an you don't have to think of everything at once.
    What also helps me personally (but note I am a planner by nature) is an app called Omnifocus There are many others but a notifier really helps a little alert - Granted the alert can be ignored but it also helps
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Ok. What's your plan?
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Consistency happens one day at a time.

Or maybe one hour at a time, depending.

It is the steady doing of a planned thing on a regular basis.

Like brushing one’s teeth in the morning, or washing hands before eating, or putting socks on before shoes, or laundry on Saturday and dusting on Friday.

Do the thing. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Good luck to you!!
  • evangemini4
    evangemini4 Posts: 120 Member
    amy19355 wrote: »
    Consistency happens one day at a time.

Or maybe one hour at a time, depending.

It is the steady doing of a planned thing on a regular basis.

Like brushing one’s teeth in the morning, or washing hands before eating, or putting socks on before shoes, or laundry on Saturday and dusting on Friday.

Do the thing. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Good luck to you!!

Thank you :)
  • evangemini4
    evangemini4 Posts: 120 Member
    Or I am complicating it for myself LOOL
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Start small, focus on changing one thing, then go from there. It can be as simple as having an extra glass of water a day, or eating one more vegetable a day. Over time the small changes snowball in to bigger changes and everything gets a little easier.

With regards to this app, it works best if you are honest and log the good with the bad. That's the one thing that helped me change my habits.

Good luck :smiley:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Sometimes when I find it hard to be consistant it is because the plan I have made that looks good on paper is not really right for me. I need to find a way that suits me better. Maybe smaller alterations to what I usually eat and do like getting more protein or walking instead of trying to make myself go to a gym.

Things that have helped me:
    Prelogging my food for the whole day with a planned snack.
    Using a food scale.
    Getting a pedometer and setting a step goal to keep more active. Started with just seeing where I was for a week and then increasing steps gradually. Walking is easy to fit in my day.
    Weighing every Sunday morning because it is quiet in my home that day and I don't forget.
    Getting enough sleep by getting up at the same time and going to bed at the same time daily. This helps with sticking to my calorie goal and having more energy.
  • DougBobrow
    DougBobrow Posts: 9 Member
    I am not very consistent with eating at the same time, working put & weighing myself. I need some planning.

What does your schedule usually look like?
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    I can only speak from my experience but eat right, somewhat portion control, drink water, sleep and exercise ...you’ll be able to read your body. I lost 150lbs last year. I didn’t diet, take pills, surgery...just listened to my body and didnt fuel myself with junk.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Danp wrote: »
    Start with being consistent where consistency matters.

If you're aim is to lose weight then:
    - Consistently log all your food. That matters
    - Consistently stick to your calorie targets. That matters

Weighing yourself consistently doesn't really matter. You'll lose weight regardless of if you weigh yourself or not. All weighing yourself does is tracks your progress.
    Eating consistently at the same time doesn't really matter. Food timing has virtually no impact on weight loss.

This is the real answer here OP.