HIIT workouts

Options
ering
ering Posts: 183 Member
I've been doing The Firm: Calorie Explosion, it's an interval type of workout that also uses weights. I really like this kind of workout and my body seems to respond really well to them. What HIIT workouts have you tried and what ones would you recommend?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Check BodyRock.tv out
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Definitely checkout bodyrock.tv, it's free and killer workouts. I've been doing Turbo Fire. They are fun.
  • ering
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!! I'll be sure to check those out. I've heard good things about Turbo Fire too. Maybe that could be my Christmas present.:smile:
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    Bump!
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    oh, thanks for showing me bodyrock.tv! I've been looking for some good online videos!
  • ering
    Options
    Ok, so I checked out the bodyrocktv. site. Ummm, yeah it's very hard to get past the way the videos are shot. I'm sure the actual workouts are great but all I seem to see is a video shrine to this lady's body. Maybe I'm missing something.

Any other HIIT dvd recommenations out there?
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I basically do my HIIT the old fashioned way, jogging with windsprints...
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club has a free app for iPad, iPod, and iPhone. It is old fashioned drills. You choose the level and the workout and it is like there is a personal trainer there with you. You can also use your own music on your device. Not sure how to log that in myfitnesspal, but my HRM goes tells me I am burning tons of calories. Beats a regular jog or walk any day!

Also you could walk/jog or jog/run in intervals. That also really increases the heart rate.