JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (Feb.18-Feb.24)

Options
Good morning fellow challengers! Time for the Monday morning check in. I am getting frustrated. :grumble: My weekend was okay...nothing too terrible. Went to the gym Friday night, but didn't make it Saturday or Sunday. Food wise...nothing too bad. Here are my stats:

Jan.2--174 pounds
Feb.4--163 pounds
Feb.11--165 pounds
This morning---166 pounds:mad:

OMG!!!! I want to scream!!!!!!:explode: Ok...I did! Anyways...I didn't drink much water this weekend which may be part of the reason I'm up. So, hopefully I can get back down within the next day or so. And I have some major cardio planned for tonight. I'm also increasing the amount of fiber I've been eating so maybe that will help induce a loss. Something needs to happen! I know I'm probably gaining some muscle and could be retaining some water, but come on! This week will be my week! It has to be! I leave for vacation in only four weeks--I need to see some more results!!!!!!

So, I hope everyone else is having a better morning than I am! I look forward to hearing from you! Good luck!!!:flowerforyou:

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow challengers! Time for the Monday morning check in. I am getting frustrated. :grumble: My weekend was okay...nothing too terrible. Went to the gym Friday night, but didn't make it Saturday or Sunday. Food wise...nothing too bad. Here are my stats:

Jan.2--174 pounds
    Feb.4--163 pounds
    Feb.11--165 pounds
    This morning---166 pounds:mad:

OMG!!!! I want to scream!!!!!!:explode: Ok...I did! Anyways...I didn't drink much water this weekend which may be part of the reason I'm up. So, hopefully I can get back down within the next day or so. And I have some major cardio planned for tonight. I'm also increasing the amount of fiber I've been eating so maybe that will help induce a loss. Something needs to happen! I know I'm probably gaining some muscle and could be retaining some water, but come on! This week will be my week! It has to be! I leave for vacation in only four weeks--I need to see some more results!!!!!!

So, I hope everyone else is having a better morning than I am! I look forward to hearing from you! Good luck!!!:flowerforyou:

*Kistinbee*
  • kgrumpybear
    Options
    I do the same thing within a couple of pounds. Please try not to get discouraged. Just keep on going.
    You can try to shake things up a little with a 3day diet. This is the link http://www.3daydiets.com
    It seems to work. I started it this morning. Some of the foods look a little odd. I think it is the combination of the food and it is less in calorie's. You are really doing great. I saw your stats, so keep up the good work. It will be worth it!!!
  • AtlantaSara
    Options
    Just checking in as well. Im not loosing much in the way of weight .. but I am loosing inches - and even better yet - I feel GREAT.

Try not to get too hung up on the numbers. Im doing about 90 minutes of cardio a day - but am starting to switch it up quite a bit - spending about 20-30 minutes on each machine (treadclimber, bike, elliptical, rowing, and treadmill) Helps prevent me from getting board... Im doing very light weights 2 days per week. I probably need to step this up a bit and I want to add a Yoga class or two into the mix.

Start weight 1/8 was 154
    2/4 -147
    2/12 - 145
    2/18 - 144.

Keep going, with hard work and perseverence... we will get there... July is a long way away but it will be here before you know it --
  • erin1205
    Options

OMG!!!! I want to scream!!!!!!:explode: Ok...I did!

Kistinbee-hang in there! Maybe next week will bring a bigger number. I think you are right too-it could be a number of factors...not enough water, muscle gain, but on thing is for sure. You are doing great!

I don't weigh in until Wednesday but I am already nervous. I did not have a very good weekend. I ate pizza for dinner last night. :noway: I only had two pieces and it was veggie pizza but I still felt terrible afterwards. And Sunday is my rest day as far as the gym goes. Usually I will walk the dog or spend some time outside, but instead I was ultra lazy. It didn't help that we had a massive storm and got completely dumped on! Freezing rain, snow, wind-yuck! :grumble: I just have to remember that today is a new day and just pick myself up, and start anew!

I'll check in on Wednesday with my results....hopefully its good news!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I had a so-so week. I was down 1 lb from Monday to Valentines Day but then nothing changed and I finished the week with 1 lb lost. It wasn't the greatest weekend calorie wise. There was a hockey game Fri night, a jazz gig Sat night and horse races yesterday. Needless to say I drank way too much:drinker: , so I should be happy with my 1 lb lost. I did manage to burn about 1600+ cals on Sat so that helped. I also lost another 1/2 inch on the waist.

Start in Nov - 182.5
    2/11 - 162
    2/18 - 161

Today is a holiday (yeah!!) and the start to a whole new week. Keep it up everyone! :bigsmile:
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    My weigh in this week went better than I expected!!! :bigsmile:

Starting Weight: 182 lbs

Last Week: 177 lbs

Today: 174 lbs

Total loss for the week: 3 lbs
    Total loss since July Goal Started: 8 lbs
    Overall loss since I started MFP: 16 lbs :happy:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good job you guys! Looks like you are all on the right track. I will not lose faith with the lack of loss. I will keep at it! I can do it! WE can do it!!! Keep it up!!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hey Kistin! Don't get discouraged, it will start going the right way soon. I know when I don't see a move in the scale or see it go the other way, my first instinct is to restrict my calories more, but I know that is the opposite if I'm already low.

Have you tried chaning up how many calories you are eating or what type of exercise you are doing?

This weekend was a victory for me, still had a lot of activities and temptation but stayed within my calories while still participating. I also went to the gym today, which most weekdays is easy since it's right across from work, but today I had off so I had to drive the half an hour to my gym on my off work day. But I'll still did it!

So, I'm down 1lb for the weekend. Which is huge since I have been either coming out even or, like last weekend, gaining 2lbs.

Stats

1/14 - 224
    2/18 - 213

Remind me, when did our challenge start? I need to note what my weight was when it did.

Good luck everyone! Keep up the good work!
    Jessica
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    HI, I would love to join the challenge. I need all the support I can get. I started 1/18 at 195 pounds. Last week I was 189 and this week I am 188 pounds. I am going slow and steady with a few bumps in the road. I am so happy to see people doing well and so supportive of each other.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Congratulations on sticking with it through Valentines Day - keep up the good work!

Last week was pretty good - I didn't exercise quite as intensely as I had planned (stupid knee), but I did work out 5 times for about 60 minutes each. I'm finding it hard to get up early enough to get one of my 60 minute DVD workouts in before work, though - I'm just too sleepy. :ohwell: So I think, rather than getting discouraged, I will switch back to a 30-45 minute workout and then try to get over to the gym after work a few additional days during the work for some extra cardio. And try to get to bed earlier!

I don't weigh in until tomorrow, but I THINK I should be down about a pound from last week. They are starting a "10,000" step challenge at work so I just got a pedometer. 10,000 steps is a lot! Even including my workout today I am only at 6700. I'll have to start taking a few laps around the building at lunchtime or something. :smile:
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    I did quite well with the calories and got out and did 2 hours of raking and yardwork saturday. Then yesterday went for a 75 minute walk and did 40 minutes on the treadmill last night. Did not do a weigh in this morning as I have had an IBS flare up and look about 5 months pregnant. So until the bloating and pain go away I am not planning on a weigh or measure.
    Have a great week.:tongue::tongue: :tongue:
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    I think this is a great quote...

"You never know until you try.
    And you never try unless you really try.
    You give it your best shot; you do the best you can.
    And if you have done everything in your power,
    And still fail--the truth of the matter is that you haven't failed at all.
    When you reach for your dreams, no matter what they may be, You grow from the reaching;
    You LEARN from the TRYING; you WIN from the DOING."

Good luck this week everyone!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in results:

210 when I joined MFP
    194.8 last week
    193.2 this week

:happy: :happy:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey Kistin! Don't get discouraged, it will start going the right way soon. I know when I don't see a move in the scale or see it go the other way, my first instinct is to restrict my calories more, but I know that is the opposite if I'm already low.

Have you tried chaning up how many calories you are eating or what type of exercise you are doing?

Remind me, when did our challenge start? I need to note what my weight was when it did.

Thanks! I know things will get better. I have added more fiber to my diet which hopefully will help some what and exercise-wise, I am trying to switch up the machines I use. So...hopefully by next week I see some changes on the scale!

I think this is the third week of the challenge...I honestly don't remember. We'd have to look back. But, I do think I started it around the end of January.

Good luck everyone...keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing in on Thursdays, so I will know then how I did, I had a very lazy weekend... it is so much easier to be ambitious when I am working... thats the only downside to having a long weekend I suppose.:tongue: Didn't eat great, but didn't eat too horrible either. Hoping for at least a little lose this week. I will tape tomorrow and get an idea of what to expect Thursday!!
  • rhondababy
    Options
    I had a hard weekend- two family gatherings around meals, and one dinner out with friends.
    I am feeling like I may have to make some rules for myself- since I seem unable to have any willpower when there are temptations, I think I may need to eliminate social meals until I can get in the groove of things!

My stats:
    Jan. 7 - 190 lbs
    Feb. 16 -183 lbs
    Feb 19 - 186.5 lbs!!!:mad:

This is such a familiar pattern!!!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I was away for a few days so i havent had the best past couple of days but unbelievably i lost 2 pounds!

Feb 1: 152 lbs
    Feb 8: 151 lbs
    Feb 20: 149 lbs

YEAH :happy:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I had a hard weekend- two family gatherings around meals, and one dinner out with friends.
    I am feeling like I may have to make some rules for myself- since I seem unable to have any willpower when there are temptations, I think I may need to eliminate social meals until I can get in the groove of things!

My stats:
    Jan. 7 - 190 lbs
    Feb. 16 -183 lbs
    Feb 19 - 186.5 lbs!!!:mad:

This is such a familiar pattern!!!

Don't get your hopes up rhondababy! I have these problems all the time. It seems like every weekend is a downfall. I have been stuck at 165 for like 2 weeks (that's 2 pounds up from my 20 pound loss mark I hit). Then this Monday I was at 166! How frustrating! :explode: But, this morning I stepped on the scale again and am back down to 163!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I won't count it until I maintain it at least for another day or so (that's how I count my weight loss) but it is WONDERFUL to see the scale moving down again! So, keep up the hard work...you will see results! Sometimes it jsut takes our bodies a little while to adjust and get in the groove of things. And there will be plateaus, but you can overcome them! Good luck to you and everyone else!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • erin1205
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and I'm still at 178...same as last week. I guess the positive is that I didn't gain! Especially considering I sorta splurged on Valentine's and had a rough Sunday (pizza)...so I'll take the 178. So...

Started (1/24)-185
    Today-178

7lbs lost in about a month...not bad when you look at it that way! Hopefully this isn't a big plateau...we'll see next week!

Have a great day everyone! :smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this?? I am doing the Memorial Day one as well but extra motivation is always a good thing! I weigh on Thursday.

Start of Plan - 9/4/2007: 270 lbs
    2/14/2008: 209
    2/21/2008: 207
    Goal loss per week: Hopefully 2 lbs
    Loss this week: 2 lbs
    Goal weight by July 3: 169