Hi Everyone...

Options
I came across this site and it peaked my interest. I'm 48 years old and the grandmother of 2. I had a gastric bypass a few years ago and did well with it but, I just can't seem to loose that last 30 lbs. I go up and down. About a 10 lb. window. I could really use some help with being motivated to excercise!

Replies

• basketgal
    Options
    I came across this site and it peaked my interest. I'm 48 years old and the grandmother of 2. I had a gastric bypass a few years ago and did well with it but, I just can't seem to loose that last 30 lbs. I go up and down. About a 10 lb. window. I could really use some help with being motivated to excercise!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Okay, you want motivation? here it is. :flowerforyou:

If you are willing to dedicate 30 minutes every other day to a vigorous cardio workout - even something as simple as walking, and in return you get to feel REALLY GOOD afterward for at least a couple hours, and know that you've burned some calories, and because you used major muscle groups, you've opened a window of sorts so that even AFTER you're DONE working out, your body continues to burn calories on a low boil for several hours, and that you've made your bones and cartilage stronger, and you sleep better most of the time.

Is that motivation enough???:smile:

That's called PAYOLA in my world!!

That extra 30 lbs will be gone in no time!! Hooray for YOU!! And WELCOME to MFP!!:flowerforyou:
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it helps to stay motivated if you have a fitness buddy - either someone in person or someone online that you check in with personally... set a time of day, or a day of the week where you'll both report in to each other with activities/nutritional accountability type news...? :-)
  • basketgal
    Options
    Thanks, that's a good idea. Hmmm......
  • basketgal
    Options
    THANKS!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site so much. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.