Looking for pals who have goals to 100lbs +

Options
I know when you are in the 40 s it is harder to lose weight because the metabolism slows down. I am eager to lose 100 lbs + . who is with me?. Add me today !.

Replies

• mtdb8
    mtdb8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That would be me. Over 40 and needing g to loose 100lb. How do I add you?
  • DavidASmithLPN
    DavidASmithLPN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started 8 days ago down 6lbs so far. I’m looking to lose between 100-125 lbs overall
  • Lindz2H
    Lindz2H Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Also in the 100lb goal club. under 40 though.
    In the past I've always struggled with intense sweet tooth cravings and finding a good & healthy balance between striving for goals while also not applying too much pressure on myself that I crack and give up.

What's been your biggest struggle? Is anyone jumping into set diet plans?

I'm really trying to keep my options open with diet, but trying to stick to more traditionally healthy food choices and working a caloric deficit. At least until I learn more about certain diets to the point where I feel like I could stick to it. Anyway, Add me- I need accountability buddies!
  • ColoradoLivingg
    ColoradoLivingg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have more than 100 pounds to lose. I'm about 40 down with about 110-120 left to go but I'm under 40. I'm just working on not having my "trigger" foods where all I want to eat is all of that one thing which would be way too much. Mainly carbs like macaroni and cheese, chocolate, cookies, ice cream, and the like.

My husband and I have been meal prepping. We try to change it up every week to keep it interesting for us and it's been working well. We've been doing that for probably about 2 months or so. I just use recipes I find online from DrizzleMeSkinny, TheSkinnyishDish, EmilyBitesBlog.

I've been incorporating foods I still enjoy eating, just more-so in moderation so I don't feel deprived. My husband and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings yesterday where I enjoyed a small basket of traditional wings (half sweet BBQ, half honey BBQ) and some fries. Then later I had some Halo Top. So for me it's just deciding what I think is worth the calories or not and planning around days where I know a meal will take up most of my calories.
  • Dawnvt19
    Dawnvt19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm headed up towards 40: 37 next month. :( I have a little over 100 pounds to lose. What makes it harder now is I'm on medication which makes losing weight difficult. I'm good with it though; I enjoy a good challenge. =)
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Just sent a friend request. I'm 53 and weigh 253.8 lbs...I hope to get down to 135 lbs. I've lost almost 20 lbs but I've still got a long way to go.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    mtdb8 wrote: »
    That would be me. Over 40 and needing g to loose 100lb. How do I add you?

I sent you a friend request too.

• Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP. Still checkin' out the site, but I saw your post and wanted to respond. I'm 57 and need to lose 84 pounds, so I'm in :) Will add you as a friend (once I figure out how, lol!!!)
  • DBert72
    DBert72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am a 46-year-old male looking to become healthier in the coming years.

I would consider myself the well over 100+ goal club. Last year I was finally diagnosed with type II Diabetes and High Blood Pressure, due to the excessive weight. The medications I am on hinder my weight loss due to keeping my insulin elevated in the normal range.

I have attempted many times to lose the weight and have, but then I quit and regain the weight to start all over again. This time I have to get to a manageable weight which I hope will be this time next year.
    I have jumped in 100 percent; I started my lifestyle change (not a diet because those always fail). I changed my breakfast to eating oats overnight with unsweetened almond milk, and my lunch is a complete meal replacement shake from Huel. I have a sensible dinner making sure I have vegetables and a side salad (without all the good stuff) and a piece of protein.

Since I started my lifestyle change on 11-03-2018, I have lost 14.4 pounds. I weigh myself on Saturdays, but I cheated today, and I am down another 3.4 pounds. I am also doing an intermittent fast; I allow myself to eat at noon, 4 pm, and 8 pm. I then do not eat the rest of the time. It took a couple of days to get used to it, and I started first going 12 hours and moved it up until I hit the 16-hour mark. I am going to try moving it towards the 18-hour mark next week, allow for a 6-hour feeding window.

Hopefully, by the end of next year, I will have lost 100+ pounds to begin my next journey of losing another 100+ pounds. It is one day at a time, and we will see how it will go because now it is about saving my life and becoming healthier.
  • JoMurray28
    JoMurray28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've just turned 36 but I need to lose over 100lbs. I've always been big but I've now reached my highest weight ever and I'm so frustrated at myself. I keep 'getting on the wagon' only to jump straight off and then have to start again. I need to turn my life around as I want to lead a long and healthy life and enjoy things without feeling ashamed and wanting to be invisible. So please feel free to add me as a friend and I'll support you all too.
  • Fat_girl_getting_slim
    Options
    Hi I’ve got 126lbs to lose I’m younger than 40 though but it’s still a struggle please feel free to add me :)
  • Babs5420
    Babs5420 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    34 here. Started at 250lbs a couple of weeks ago. Looking for support buddies to go on this journey with. I just want to feel better and have more energy. I have a 45-60 min commute and a full time job. I feel like I fall into the couch when I get home. I want to have more energy for my kids and to teach them healthier habits.
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just shy of 30 and need to loose about 140-170lbs. I havent set on a goal weight yet. Figured i would just keep going till I hit something I am comfortable with.

I am a SAHM, and dont do any workouts outside of my normal typical day at the moment. Just logging everything I eat with a food scale. 4 days in and 4lbs down, but that is just water weight right now.

Feel free to add me or message me anytime.