bm2lj5j768cg.jpg
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    :(
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I grew up reading Marvel comics. So much better than Action or DC. Sad.

I haven't read a comic in 40 years. How much are they now? They were 12 cent a piece when I was buying them in the 60's.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I understand sadness in this.

Seconded.
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜ฉ
    What a guy
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I understand sadness in this. The man was 95. The last year of his life was an increasing spiral of hospitals and suffering. He had an amazing life and now he is free from the tortures age inflicts upon us all.

Us 96 years olds are slightly offended by this.

..... we just can't do much about it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    He loved and appreciated his fans. I'll have a couple of sad boys at home tonight. They were lucky enough to meet him at con a couple of years ago. He was obviously enjoying it, although I can't imagine it was easy at his age.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    sigh. i'll miss his creativity. his sassiness.
    yes, he lived a long and apparently fulfilling life, doesn't mean we can't miss him and be sad we won't be able to create new memories with him
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    RIP!
  • Punksprincess83
    Punksprincess83 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm in tears. I have been a comic book fan my whole life and Stan Lee was a big part of why I picked up my first comic. You will be missed. Heaven gained a special Angel.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    This one hit me hard but Patton Oswalt had it right. Now he has a permanent cameo in heaven.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    ๐Ÿ’”
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    He's done a lot big bang theory and all the movie's he made a special cameo in. He will be missed
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I'm going to miss Stan Lee.
    He was a marvel.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    He had a full and amazing life and brought joy to me as a child til now.๐Ÿ’™ He's one of the reasons I write and illustrate now...I used to make my own comics as a kid lol oh man haha๐Ÿ’ฅpow! ...he's a hero to me and my son!๐Ÿ˜

I know he was a ripe age of 95...a feat I pray to out do God willing, as I have to for my boyโค, but no matter what age, when you love and or admire someone and they pass, its heartbreaking...๐Ÿ’”

I'm gonna go find my Spider-Man comics and read them with my own spidey....hugs to those who love him!

Oh, and one day up in the great beyond, I hope to meet you Stan, and totally fangirl you til you call for Angel security! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ‘