Fusion Water

Options
I put lemon, strawberries and mint in my water. How do you log it?

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Weigh the strawberries and the lemon to work out calories. Neglible calories in the mint so don't worry about that.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Do you mean you just cut them up and let them float in the water but not actually eat the fruit afterwards?
  • darrod12
    darrod12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes. I just cut them up and let it sit in the water. Lemon and mint is good for digestion and weight loss. The strawberries are there for taste.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    darrod12 wrote: »
    Yes. I just cut them up and let it sit in the water. Lemon and mint is good for digestion and weight loss. The strawberries are there for taste.

Curious as to how lemon aids weight loss?
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

Curious as to how lemon aids weight loss?

One of those myths that never seems to die. I too put lemon and mint in my water because I love the taste. It does nothing for weight loss (unless you're drinking more water and eating fewer calories, of course).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Lemon and mint supposed to detoxify your system. I heard it from somewhere and it works for me because I seem to go to bathroom more often than usual.
    Lemon actually doesn’t do that (detox), unfortunately. Detoxifying in this manner in bunk, sorry. Livers, kidneys and skin do an excellent job. The only people that need detox are drug addicts..
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Lemon and mint supposed to detoxify your system. I heard it from somewhere and it works for me because I seem to go to bathroom more often than usual.

You're probably going to the bathroom more often because you are drinking more water. Also, lemon and mint are both mild diuretics so they can make you pee more. But that's just because they're a diuretic, not because of any "detox".

Regardless, I agree with previous posts expecting the calories would be negligible, maybe 5 or 10.