Can't seem to be happy

Options
I've been between 115-130 lbs naturally through all of my adult life, as a 5'7" female. Right now I'm around 120-122. I want to be at 113 so badly, but it's so hard to cut back my diet when I already have a pretty low amount of maintenance calories. Working out has been difficult between school, work, and the cold outside.

I know I should just continue to eat healthy foods and just let my body maintain the 127ish it will settle at without much thought. But it makes me feel like a failure. I've seen a several psychologists and it wasn't much help....

I just don't know what else to do anymore. Anyone else struggling with body issues?
I just turned 24 and have way more important issues in my life I know I should focus on, but I feel like all I can think about is how to loose those 5 or so pounds.

Replies

• 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Try wearing just one sock inside out instead of both.

Seriously... I wish i could help... but it is worth mentioning at 5'7" ... 113lbs is pretty slim. Beyond "normal" if such a thing exists.
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Aerobics videos. Indoors and keeps your mind busy. Don't tamper with your eating it will cause binges. Hugs x
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    "I've seen a several psychologists and it wasn't much help....", well, that's too bad. Was there a common theme at least in the advice they gave? Anything helpful? Can you try other types of therapy?

Try not to be so focused on a number on the scale. Ask yourself, if you weigh 113 lbs instead of 125-ish how will your life change? Will you truly be happy then? Is it maintainable?

Professional therapy would definitely help but we also need to work on changing our inner dialogue and eventually change our mindset.

(edit typo)
  • FitKim39
    FitKim39 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above comment.

Im 5'9". In my 20's I kept up a rigorous exercise and diet routine to maintain a size 2. Believe me... When you are controlling your diet that much.. There's usually something else that is wrong. I'm 39 now and swing between 4-8. I think 6 looks the best,
    Relax the reigns and enjoy a few curves! I do!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Get a cat.

I have 2 lol 😢😿

Want one more?

(Just kidding.)
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight my only advice is to learn to love yourself the way you are now.