100+ lbs to lose. Looking for friends

Options
Hello Everybody 😊 I´m 26 and my current weight is at 234 pounds. My ultimate goal is about 120. I started my fitness journey in the beginning of this year…trying several diets, including keto etc. but nothing worked. I actually felt worse than before because as much as I tried, I was not losing any weight so I stopped doing diets. For a few months now, I only count my calories and so far, I lost 20 pounds. I really works for me AND I don´t have to completely stop eating the things I really like. Just moderate portions.
I you have weight to lose, 5,10,50,100+ really anything, feel free to add me. I would love to support each other.
Oh and also what are your favorite low calorie snacks? I´m always on the hunt for a good recipe.
I hope everyone is having an amazing day !

Replies

• mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like to be friends! My name is melissa and I am 28 years old. I am a SAHM. I am currently 330lbs and would like to get down to 165 and then re-evaluate my goal. So I have about 165 pounds to go.

Some of my favorite low calorie snacks are hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese with veggies, string cheese, handful of nuts or almonds, lunch meat w/ a little cream cheese and a pickle. Cucumber, tomato and olives mixed with a little bit of ranch. Sometimes the 90-100 calorie granola when I am out and about.
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey
  • RomiPluss
    RomiPluss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm also starting my journey to healthy life!
    My weight is 275 pounds and my current goal is 220, then I will change my goals.
    If you want, you can add me as a friend and so we can support each other in this great change.
    I speak Spanish, but I live in an English speaking country, so it's not an impediment to communicate with you!

Greetings and strength! ;)
  • BethElinor
    BethElinor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 25 and like you I have over 100 pounds to lose with 25 gone so far. Currently at 284 and my ultimate goal is 146. I started off well in May but stopped tracking in August/September and so my weight loss stagnated. But I feel I am getting back on track with tracking :) and feeling pretty good so far.

Some of my favourite snacks are humus and carrot sticks, boiled eggs, smoked salmon and cucumber and sweet and salty popcorn.
  • EMCm0smfc
    EMCm0smfc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm 43 and currently weigh 311. This is the heaviest I've been in my life and I need to do something about it now before it becomes harder. I have no ultimate weight goals just yet. My only goal is to start the journey. The main reason is I've been pre-diabetic for years. My last A1C was 6.4. For those who aren't aware, an A1C of 6.5 is an official diagnosis of diabetes. That scares me as I know once diagnosed, I'll have to deal with it for the rest of my life, even if I can keep it controlled.

I'm going to need a lot of help and support, which I'm hoping to get here. And I'll be here to support all of you too. So please feel free to add me. Together, we can do wonders!
  • kyda95
    kyda95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! You’re welcome to add me if you’d like. At my heaviest I was 230lbs and by counting calories I was really able to kickstart the weight loss. So far I’m down 70lbs and ideally would like to reach a goal weight of 130.

Best of luck!
  • LesyaKoese
    LesyaKoese Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    seat151 wrote: »
    Good luck on your journey
    thank you :)

• LesyaKoese
    LesyaKoese Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your postings !
  • cariwaldick
    cariwaldick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone, today I turn 53! I've been losing weight since August, and I hope to be half the woman I was. At my heaviest I was 264, and I'm only 5'2" so I looked like an oompa loompa. No, really I looked like someone getting ready for the long dirt nap.

Lesya, I'm losing weight just like you--counting calories and watching portion sizes. I've lost fifty so far, and I don't feel deprived at all. I did my diet profile, and I can eat about 1100 calories a day. That's not much, so it's made me very careful of my choices. I gave up coffee and salt for my blood pressure, and sugar and empty carbs sort of dwindled as I added better choices. I can eat whatever I want, but lately I don't even want that junk. I drink water 90% of the time, and I've discovered soy and almond milk to help me over my dairy addiction.

To you young ladies I want to say, life is too short to go through it fat. Please learn to put yourself first, and get this battle behind you. Food, eating, and drinking are fun, but they don't compare to getting involved, dancing, running, taking the stairs, wearing cute clothes, and catching appreciative glances. You deserve to be as beautiful outside as you are inside. You can do this! There is no magic pill or miracle diet, but it is absolutely within your reach.

EMC, I was in your shoes just three months ago. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant, but it went away after she was born. I gained weight as a stay at home mom, and was up to 243 in my thirties. I joined a dance fit class, and started a low fat diet to lose 70 lbs. Then I hurt myself, and little by little it came back, and I gave up and gave in. I was hospitalized with pneumonia five years ago and I nearly died. In the hospital they discovered I was borderline diabetic. I got back on track, but it didn't last. For five years I've been eating whatever I wanted, sitting on my butt, and ignoring my health. I hadn't seen a doctor, my medication expired and I stopped taking it. And we moved, so my support system was gone.

No one could make the needed changes for me. I finally decided I'd had enough. I started counting calories, watching portion sizes, and making the kind of choices we all know are better. Before when I'd lost weight, I had to work out like a fiend, and I ate like a bird. This time it's coming off faster, and I haven't worked out a bit. Calories really are the key. I eat smaller meals, and until I figure out what a serving looks like, I use a measuring cup. I log everything I eat on here, and overestimate calories when I'm not sure. I also used a tougher calorie calculator, since MFP gives me about 200 more calories than I really need.

I've got a new doctor, and I've done all the tests to see where I am. I was diabetic three months ago, but now I'm only pre-diabetic. I still have cholesterol issues, but that takes more time to come down. I had indications of heart and liver disease, but that's all normal now. I've got high blood pressure, but I'm taking medication to keep it down. I've got mild arthritis, but I can take the stairs without feeling like I'm going to die. I can still ride a bicycle. I can walk longer. I feel better. I haven't taken an antacid for months, and I used to take them regularly. I haven't had a headache since August.

I'm a lazy procrastinator, but I'm losing weight. It can be done, but you must make it a priority. The best advice I'd give someone where I was, is start replacing your favorite beverage with water. Keep a big glass of water on hand at all times, and see how often you can empty it. If you can't tolerate water, try adding a flavor. I drank Crystal Light for a month, then gave it up too. Lots of people are addicted to soft drinks, and you'll feel better if you kick it. I love water now. Even if a meal comes with a drink, I have water. Water helps calm hunger pangs. Dehydration can make you eat when you're not really hungry.

Sorry this is so long. Good luck everyone!
    Cari
  • perris101
    perris101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me also please
  • inspired1981mfp
    inspired1981mfp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Please add me 💜
  • nathaliemichaud
    nathaliemichaud Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    kyda95 wrote: »
    Hi! You’re welcome to add me if you’d like. At my heaviest I was 230lbs and by counting calories I was really able to kickstart the weight loss. So far I’m down 70lbs and ideally would like to reach a goal weight of 130.

Best of luck!

Good luck
  • natalie_journey
    natalie_journey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Natalie and when I started this journey I also had lose 100+ pounds. My HW was 235, but when I started MFP I was down to 220. Currently I'm at 204 and I'm still pushing to get to my goal weight of 130. It's always nice to add new friends with similar goals so feel free to add me ! :)
  • Hoytmon
    Hoytmon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am just starting to lose the weight I have gained in the past couple years. I'm currently 212.6 looking to lose the 80lbs. It's nice to read the inspirational progress when you have so much to lose.
  • LauraKollath
    LauraKollath Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m 34 years old and I weigh around 378lbs. I would like to lose around 218lbs and be at 160. I am also looking for support and motivation!
  • nik713
    nik713 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi all, i am 30 and I have about 100 i would like to lose. I am looking for support, and mostly accountability buddies! I’m tired of living this way but some days are harder than others with motivation!
  • wmander1
    wmander1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey y’all! I’m a first time mom with an 8 week old little girl! I lost about 30 lbs while pregnant & trying to be mindful and active! I want to keep up the trend as I have around 100 lbs to lose! Add me here so we can be accountable to one another!
  • joooliebug
    joooliebug Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Added you. So glad you found something that works and proud of you for not giving up when keto and other diets didn’t work!
  • babyjcs
    babyjcs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking, to lose 150 lbs need some support personal
  • littletahoma
    littletahoma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I’d love to help keep you accountable and support each other