30 Day Shred - Knees are sad

Options
Hi there, I just finished Level 1 Day 7 of the 30 Day Shred and my knees are KILLING ME. I've never had any knee problems, but the past day or two, I've found just normal daily activities are making my knees feel like they're going to give out on me. Anyone else having/had this issue?

Replies

• kynichol21
    Options
    I had the exact same thing happen to me. It just took time for it to go away. I started not going as far down on the lunges and trying to change up anything else so that I wasn't using my knees so much.
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    YES! I was unable to walk for 4 days without looking like a retarded penguin!
    She is a real pain in the butt! Or the knees in this case...

It will improve, once your body adjusts!
    Keep going.

Cat
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Don't go as deeply into the squats and lunges and stick to the low impact moves with Anita when there's jumping involved. Also ice your knees for 20 minutes following the workout. That should help. :)
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    YES! I was unable to walk for 4 days without looking like a retarded penguin!
    She is a real pain in the butt! Or the knees in this case...

It will improve, once your body adjusts!
    Keep going.

Cat

haha I had to wear heels to something last night and I think I was walking like I had a stick up my *kitten*. Just getting out of the car hurt!
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    Im on level two and have found my knees are feeling the pressure more. Never had a problem before!
  • squeezylemons
    Options
    I had this problem as well!! The 30DS really killed my knees. Made stairs really difficult >.< I don't really know what you can do, maybe try a hot water bottle on the knee joints or something? And increase your protein intake to promote speedy muscle cell repair.
  • ckenning
    ckenning Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I just finished day 5 and my knees are just killing me.
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ouch!
    I wore my comfy heels...Because i'm sensible!
    :)
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    One of my knees can be a bit funny and what I've been doing is properly checking myself to get into the right position for the squats even if they start a little before me. Those side lunges too - I go into the first couple slowly and watch myself.

Also Anita does press ups on her knees with her feet in the air. I've been keeping my calves on the floor. Not sure if that is likely to cause any other issue but it helps my knees.
  • PageSalyers
    PageSalyers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    YES! My knees are hurting too!
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    Toady is day 8 for me, my knees hurt a bit while doing it but not bad afterward. my CALVES however are tweaked to cripplage lol, its that damn jump rope!! If my calves bulk up too big for my high boots I'm gonna give Jillian a call. Ha, hang in there, ice seems like a simple solution. :smile:
  • SaraStanton
    Options
    Im on level two and have found my knees are feeling the pressure more. Never had a problem before!

I just finished L2D9 and could barely complete it due to knee pain. My endurance is awesome now but my knees really hurt. I read that knee pain is usually due to weak leg muscles? I am not an expert. I am really hoping Level 3 does not injure me or cause me to stop. I have done so good thus far.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    It's thiose static lunges. They're killer. Just wait until you start hearing your knees crackle every time you bend down.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Maybe it has to do with form? I'm really careful not to let my knees go over my toes. I think the modified push-ups really killed my knees in L1, but L2 hasn't been a problem. I just try and make sure I have proper form, even if I can't keep up with the pace, like on those darn pendulum lunges.