Are you addicted to peanut butter? If so, this is the support group for you!

Options
13»

Replies

• Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Now these are my kind of people! I eat it straight most of the time. Of course I measure it out on a food scale first!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Marshmallow Fluff is dangerous in my house along with PB. My wife always wants me to make Candy Cane Fudge for Xmas and then, on top of that, she goes out and buys too many dang jars of Marshmallow Fluff. Now what the heck is a PB lover like me supposed to do with that temptation??

If I buy non "honey" PB and keep bread out of the house, as well as grape jelly, I'm safe most of the time. I do go hard on the PB on days I eat Vegan and lift/row too intensely and don't have enough protein. I find having a Vegan Protein drink for lunch staves off that PB night time binge. Also the Powered PB protein drinks help at lunch on occasion.

Your post came to mind when I ran across this today:
    obvhuv42dtvy.jpg
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Now these are my kind of people! I eat it straight most of the time. Of course I measure it out on a food scale first!

Yes, it's when I don't measure that I get into trouble. My go to stress food, jar of pb and a spoon.
  • clynds
    clynds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB Fit??? It’s powdered PB and it’s amazing! I put it in dang near everything. Protein shake, yogurt, cereal, etc...

You can buy it at Costco I believe and a tablespoon is only 35 cals! Try it out.

I need to check that out!!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I was told that if you eat just the peanuts from a jar of extra crunchy it's only a venial sin, true?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If I brought a tub of jif whips into my house, I would eat it within an hour. Seriously. I either use PB2, or buy the single packs of Barney butter that are 90 cals.
  • linda2017th
    linda2017th Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My people!
    I eat PB almost everyday...pb w apple, w celery, w dark chocolate, etc. Small amounts: about 15 to 20 grams.
    Current favorite breakfast: baked oatmeal w banana, cinnamon, and PB.
  • cola4surf
    cola4surf Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    PB 2 is a great option (a couple people have already mentioned) It really satisfies a PB craving. I’ve added it to my powdered smoothies, mixed it with low-fat plain yogurt, mixed with a little water and spread on celery. It’s 50cal per serving (2tbsp) and 1.5 g total fat. I order on amazon.
  • allarounddice
    allarounddice Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a peanut butter junkie! B)
  • aimjolie
    aimjolie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. A slice of toast with a generous amount of peanut butter is my usuall breakfast with a glass of OJ and coffee with skim milk. I also love to eat it out of the jar at night. I try not to do that because the next day I feel full and guilty that i can’t eat breakfast. So I make an extreme effort to just eat peanut butter in the morning!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter could slap my mother and I would never break up with her.

"I wish I could quit you!"
  • clynds
    clynds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love all of you!!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Aren't we all lucky that we have no peanut allergies!
  • semperfly
    semperfly Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    peanut butter should be its own food group. I do use a spoonful in my shakes once in awhile. I still have a weakness for Reeses PB cups.
    when i was not so concerned about what i ate, my favorite after work snack was a tortilla, enough PB to fill the trunk of a Crown Vic and honey, I would usually have 2 of these . That comes out to about 800-1000 calories BEFORE dinner.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    semperfly wrote: »
    peanut butter should be its own food group. I do use a spoonful in my shakes once in awhile. I still have a weakness for Reeses PB cups.
    when i was not so concerned about what i ate, my favorite after work snack was a tortilla, enough PB to fill the trunk of a Crown Vic and honey, I would usually have 2 of these . That comes out to about 800-1000 calories BEFORE dinner.

Trying to balance our love of pb with it's calories is a load we all must carry. It's the sad reality of that gooey ambrosia. :(
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm eating a cold Honeycrisp apple with 32 weighed-out grams of peanut butter right now!!! :p
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a cold Honeycrisp apple with 32 weighed-out grams of peanut butter right now!!! :p

Yum! Except cold apples hurt my teeth :frowning:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    But Honeycrisps must be cold! Soooo good!
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    I have my current macros set at 25%carbs, 40% fat, 35% protein. Even though my fat is set relatively high, I generally eat the leanest cuts of meat, and save the majority of my fats for 5-6 tablespoons of peanut butter per day.

This should tell you all you need to know on how i feel about peanut butter.