New to MFP my weight loss quest.

Options
Hello everyone of My Fitness Pal. Today I will tell a small part of my journey thus far, while also introducing myself. First off I'm a fun loving guy, who loves video games, probably a little too much. I want to also say I have been overweight my whole life and plan to change my mistakes I made with over-eating and not getting into shape. I was always the big kid in school when I attended high-school. I used to play basketball and some kid called me fat to my face, and it really upset me and made me realize I need to change. That was 5 years ago I am 23 years now and I weigh the most I have ever weighed. I am at 280 pounds and I'm so ashamed of myself. I also realize I have a problem. I am obese , the only thing that makes me happy right now is that I'm tall, but I want to work super hard to lose weight. I only recently starting realizing what I'm eating and want to make this my life to get into amazing shape for myself and to make myself feel better. I want to lose weight now before I get too old and have a harder time in my life. My goal is to lose 100 pounds. I will not give up or surrender. I look forward to posting my story later on, but for now I have to get there by working hard and taking no shortcuts and by taking action. We are all in this together and I look forward to meeting you, everyone of MFP. We can do it!

Replies

• stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah I am loving that positive attitude! you've got this dude!
  • flopaz321
    flopaz321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thank you so much. We all start at different starting points, but everyone can use a little motivation or push. For me it came with changing my thinking, instead of thinking negative about myself and what I need to do and what obstacles I need to get through, I think positive now. I know with the right mindset it can take me far!
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    flopaz321 wrote: »

Thank you so much. We all start at different starting points, but everyone can use a little motivation or push. For me it came with changing my thinking, instead of thinking negative about myself and what I need to do and what obstacles I need to get through, I think positive now. I know with the right mindset it can take me far!

I totally agree, changing my attitude toward myself and my health was definitely my turning point as well.
    I feel like a positive mindset is key to everyone's journeys here, so you're definitely starting out on the right foot. Keep it up and I'm certain it will bring you success! n_n