healty food at McDs

Options
mamax5
mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
Is there such a thing as healthy food at McDs that's not loaded with sodium and fat? I'm trying o plan for later in the day.

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    salads with little or no dressing, or get a kids meal chicken nuggets and apple dippers, but don't dip.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think they have water. :ohwell:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    If you eat the fruit and yogurt parfait without the granola, you don't do too much damage.
  • terryrob2
    terryrob2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Salads with fat free dressing a burger and a side salad
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I see no point in going to McDonalds unless I get a greasy McChicken....cuz their salads arent healthy either might as well get somethin good
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Could you plan for later in the day by packing a lunch?
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Their oatmeal isnt too bad for you...not great, but not bad either.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    YEAH! Get the chicken sandwich GRILLED! take off the top or bottom half of the bun..

Pretty high in protein, & relatively low in calories =] ! I get it !!
  • chantihayes
    Options
    4 piece nuggets is not horrible.
    Apple dippers, and even caramel is not horrible and would be a good snack (goes for the lowfat caramel sundae as well if you are "treating" yourself)
    Grilled chicken no bread (or ask for different bun because the honey wheat isn't as good for you as it sounds ("wheat")
    parfait

I used to work there and LOST weight (actually was my smallest ever working there!!) by eating the side salad with balsamic vin. dressing , sometimes w/ grilled chicken added (order a "side of chicken" ) and apple dippers .
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    4 piece nugget, side salad w/light dressing, small plain burger...just gotta go with the smaller portions :drinker:
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The last time I went to McD's I got a grilled chicken snack wrap with no cheese or sauce and the smallest fruit and yogurt parfait. I don't remember how bad it was calorie was but I don't think It was so bad.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I worked there for 4 and 1/2 yrs, let me just tell you now there is hardly anything! even the salads are REALLY fatty.

They have apples, the yogurt is ok nd oats for brekky or maybe seared chicken (its grilled instead of cooked in oil) and raisin toast if you're at the cafe.
    They now have new rules where they have to have the nutritional content on the noticeboard so maybe you could check that out?
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a manager at McDonalds and his words are "Water, with or without ice."
  • kelseyk14
    Options
    Mcdonalds food is POISON. No matter what you order. If you really love your body and want to make a lifestyle change commit all the way and stop eating this stuff!! Plan ahead and make food at home!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat there often. I get a small hamburger, a side salad with balsamic, a large diet Dr. Pepper and an ice cream cone. I think its 500 or 600 calories, a good amount of protein and iron and pretty damn good.

I also often get Egg McMuffins for breakfast. 300 calories and lots of protein.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    We avoid McD's like the plague. There's nothing there that's really GOOD for you. Like someone said ... water. That's about it.
  • doinme2011
    doinme2011 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i go for what barbiex3 has. protein, protein, protein!!!! just remember to remove half of the bun and no mayo. i eat mine with ONLY lettuce, tomato, and sometimes pickles
  • JasonsWeightliftingWife
    Options
    Mcdonalds food is POISON. No matter what you order. If you really love your body and want to make a lifestyle change commit all the way and stop eating this stuff!! Plan ahead and make food at home!

I would say this is the best advice here~
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I take my son there every now and then for a treat and I'm not sure if I can resist a little something.
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There are only two things I ever eat from McD's: the wild berry smoothie and the fruit and walnut salad, and it only happens when I am on a road trip and have to leave early in the morning. But, it's only fat free yogurt and berries/fruit/nuts.