60+ and improving health

Options
I am determined to improve my health while I still have risk factors for heart disease and diabetes. Being older makes it so much harder.

Replies

• brentopia
    brentopia Posts: 113 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 61 also... stay determined, don't give up, and you'll reach your goal - good luck!
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    57 here. It's never too late to make improvements!
  • Penny195888
    Penny195888 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just joined in late October. I just turned 60 and decided to get serious. I understand the struggle as we age to make it happen! I have a physical condition called lymphedema from cancer surgery in 1990. Since retiring I have become sedentary and have kept gaining weight My plan is to start with keeping my calories in check and see how that goes!
  • ChrisS_51
    ChrisS_51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am 67, live in Western Australia. I have lost a lot of weight once before, but some of it has snuck back on, and I need to lose about 15 kilogrames (about 30 pounds). I know that being on MFP helps. I left MFP when all the dramas were going on about internet privacy etc, and now sadly couldn't log back into that account. I am looking for some new friends who can share encouragement and ideas. I am not into "cleanses", weird eating regimes or massive gym workouts, just gently and moderately does it!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi 71 here, still trying. Good luck to you all, you can do this
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    hroderick wrote: »
    i am 61 and doing it. since jan 2 2018, 110lb gone, high blood pressure gone, cholesterol perfect

Thank you for posting. This is the good example / inspiration I needed to see today.
  • ggenet2014
    ggenet2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I’m glad to be here among all of you. I’m 57 and I have a 100-120 lbs to lose.

Friend me if you’d like.
  • obogc53
    obogc53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    well 65 still alive just want to keep it that way..gained 30 lbs caring for my 92 year old mom time to get it off i need to be here for her