Caffiene withdrawal

Options
Here's the deal, I'm new to this site but loving it so far! I have a serious caffiene addiction, my preference being Coca-Cola. In the past I've tried cutting way back on my soda, but I give up after a couple days of headaches. I've got 74 lbs to lose and I know that if I want to get there I have to cut back on the soda. I already have problems with migraines, which interfere with my ability to care for my kids. But now that I'm replacing soda with water my headaches are getting really bad. I'm down to only one can, somedays two, from 6 or 7 cans a day. I don't want to completely eliminate Coke and I don't want to continue drinking that much everyday. Right now I'm finding myself at the point where I give up because the headaches aren't worth it. I'm asking for any advice I can get in dealing with this. I'm on day number 5 and have only had 7 cokes in that time...that's one days worth! I'm shaky, have the worst migraine and I'm nauseous...how do I control this until it passes and how long does it take to pass? PLEASE HELP, I'M CONSIDERING GIVING UP AND I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED YET!

Replies

• Stacey82
    Options
    Here's the deal, I'm new to this site but loving it so far! I have a serious caffiene addiction, my preference being Coca-Cola. In the past I've tried cutting way back on my soda, but I give up after a couple days of headaches. I've got 74 lbs to lose and I know that if I want to get there I have to cut back on the soda. I already have problems with migraines, which interfere with my ability to care for my kids. But now that I'm replacing soda with water my headaches are getting really bad. I'm down to only one can, somedays two, from 6 or 7 cans a day. I don't want to completely eliminate Coke and I don't want to continue drinking that much everyday. Right now I'm finding myself at the point where I give up because the headaches aren't worth it. I'm asking for any advice I can get in dealing with this. I'm on day number 5 and have only had 7 cokes in that time...that's one days worth! I'm shaky, have the worst migraine and I'm nauseous...how do I control this until it passes and how long does it take to pass? PLEASE HELP, I'M CONSIDERING GIVING UP AND I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED YET!
  • jmagnesi
    Options
    i have done this it is the worst if i was home alone for the day with nothing to do i would have 8 to 10 diets pepsis its bad but im done to almost none i still have 2 to 3 a week i try to buy it in a 2 litter so i have to pour a small portion because cans were too easy also to get through it help your self with something else with caffine that doesnt have 200 cals thats atleast a good start cause thats like a days worth of sugar and cals. try iced tea unsweetened it really helped me and it took about ten days to really get rid of the headaches all together stick in there. oh also i like the carbanation in soda as well so try carbonated flavored waters they can help too
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I was a big coffee drinker with cream and sugar, I would drink coffee instead of water. I only drink one cup about 6oz,since I joined FMP that is about two weeks ago. What help me stop the cravings was yoga. I am not sure how that worked but I only drink that cup maybe in the afternoon a few sip and black. Good Luck
  • Stacey82
    Options
    Thanks for the pointers and support! I think I'll start by trying to swithing to a 2 liter and trying it that way.