Lunch help.

Options
Hey guys. I'm usually pretty good at coming up with healthy breakfast & dinner ideas but I struggle when it comes to lunch. I know salads are good but I can't eat then everyday. I'm looking for quick and easy lunches. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I like to make pasta/grain salads on the weekend. Usually a higher protein pasta or farro or barley, with beans and some veggies. I divvy it up into 3 or 4 containers. Then I might bring some shredded chicken or a pouch of tuna or a hardboiled egg as well. Some weeks I bring PB&J sammies with carrot and cucumber sticks. Some days I throw a bunch of random stuff in my bag each day, like a HB egg, a yogurt, an apple, and some leftover chicken. There's always leftovers. I tend to keep frozen dinners on hand for days I forget to prep or run out, and I'll add a portion of frozen veggies to bulk it up.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    In addition to what @kimny72, I prep soup on Sunday so I have plenty for the week. Also I make enough dinner so I have leftovers as well.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    A lot of time you can just cook extra for dinner from the night before, and bring that in for lunch the next day. I prep similar meals for lunch and dinner.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My lunches are usually a sandwich, salad or dinner leftovers. I might also have some fruit or carrots.

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, leftovers, or just a huge thing of fruit for me. But I like to bring breakfast for lunch sometimes too. Today I'm having a bagel for lunch
  • Carneyje3
    Carneyje3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of left overs, but in the past I've made veggie/hummus wraps and I've also pre-made burritos. I used to make about 20 burritos and then freeze them (wrap in paper towel and then foil). Switch it to the fridge the night before and lunch is ready.
  • Lindz2H
    Lindz2H Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have brought a sweet potato (that I cooked in the office microwave) and some raw veggies before. I've also been known to bring a "steam in bag" quinoa and vegetable mix that I've also just microwaved and eaten out of the bag with a fork.
  • jtomaszewski0206
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! Great ideas. I think I will def have to prep lunch ahead.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    my current go to's:
    - 2 boiled eggs, laughing cow cheese, veggies home made protein bar
    - tuna and crackers, veggies and, home made protein bar , veggies
    - curried quinoa butternut squash soup, laughing cow cheese, veggies home made protein bar
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    On the weekend I prep my own microwave meals. I make up pans of chicken and salmon, broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, cubed sweet potatoes, cubed butternut squash, carrots, etc, roast them in the oven and portion them into microwave-safe containers along with some brown rice or quinoa. These can be refrigerated or frozen. If frozen, take them out of the freezer in the morning and they'll thaw in the fridge by lunchtime.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, leftovers, or just a huge thing of fruit for me. But I like to bring breakfast for lunch sometimes too. Today I'm having a bagel for lunch

Bagels are good for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Second Dinner, Brunch, Snacks, High Tea Time, and any other time.

I really like bagels lol.
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Leftovers here also.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    When I was running late and needed to bring something, I'd grab a whole raw potato. And throw some frozen vegetables sprinkled with all purpose seasoning in a Tupperware (still frozen) and 3 whole eggs (raw, un- cracked). When lunch came around, I'd microwave the potato for 8 minutes. And then I'd crack the eggs over the veggies, stir it up, and microwave for 5 minutes. Then mix the potato with the egg/veggie mixture and top with hot sauce.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I am eating 3 oz of deli sliced ham+ mustard + a medium apple + 3.5oz carrot. 250 cal.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    leftover dinner is my go-to every day.
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    When I was running late and needed to bring something, I'd grab a whole raw potato. And throw some frozen vegetables sprinkled with all purpose seasoning in a Tupperware (still frozen) and 3 whole eggs (raw, un- cracked). When lunch came around, I'd microwave the potato for 8 minutes. And then I'd crack the eggs over the veggies, stir it up, and microwave for 5 minutes. Then mix the potato with the egg/veggie mixture and top with hot sauce.

This is absolutely genius.