2 months to lose 14

Options
i’m challenging myself!!! i’m 154 and i’m challenging myself to hit 140 in 2 months! whos with me (is this doable lol)

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Why the rush? That doesn’t sound healthy or sustainable.
  • robthephotog
    robthephotog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    14 in two months isnt crazy. 16 is 2 per week. So shoot for 1.5 per week for your cals, and maybe add a little excercise in
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    my 2 cents:

1. Losing weight fast has much written , here and otherwhere, about the potential risks to your health.

2. Losing weight for reason other than a desire for lifelong health ((such as " need to fit in once-in-a-lifetime clothes") has as much written about the risk of failure to maintain the motivation because the reason is no longer there.

A question for you to think about:
    What will happen if you take longer to lose the weight?

good luck to you.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If you're 5ft tall, you could probably do this if you are very focused on eating properly, exercise regularly and avoid holiday deliciousness. But only because 154lbs at 5 ft tall is considered obese. That's my personal experience.

Otherwise it's better to set reasonable goals that you can feel successful about accomplishing. It's a boost for mental health and encourages commitment. One pound a week is recommended but as others have mentioned, the holidays are approaching. Half a pound a week would be best, especially if you're at or close to a normal weight range.

Don't be discouraged by these answers! You *can* lose weight. It might just need more time. But you'll be happier in the long run if you set a sustainable pace for yourself. That way, you not only lose it but keep it off. :)
  • JeanneKim
    JeanneKim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks and it was hard work, very limited menu and workouts 5 times a week. However, a year later, I gained 10 pounds because I did not continue that lifestyle. I agree, a pound week is probably the best plan, especially for lasting results.