Staying Motivated

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Bri from California. I was using MFP in the past but lost motivation and stopped working out and tracking my progress. I felt results but I didn't see them. So I gained a couple of pound's again. I was 175 now I'm down to 156. I really want to lose 20 more. What do you guys do to keep yourself motivated? Do you prefer to workout mornings or evenings? What are your hobbies?
Let's be friends and keep each other motivated. 🌼🌸 wi5nhf4zrs22.jpg

Replies

• MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Morning and evening workouts 2 a day...sign-up for classes spinning, Zumba, strength and conditioning etc
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    Hello :0)
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm originally from California, but I currently live in Virginia.

I prefer to workout in the morning but have gone through a few different periods where I worked out in the evening due to family and scheduling convenience for months at a time. Getting it done is the important part- morning, afternoon, or evening is just preference/convenience. Congrats on your weight loss so far! I have a toddler who's almost 2 and he takes up a lot of my "spare" time. I used to take him out running with me in the afternoon after work, but now I wake up early and run before he wakes up. I like yoga when I have time, I've "dabbled" in bodyweight and resistance programs and had success but ultimately didn't enjoy it as much as I love running, so I mostly just run 😊

As for motivation, you're not always going to feel motivated but if you're dedicated that's what's going to get you through the times that you lack motivation. On days that I lack motivation to run or just want to sleep in I always know that I'll feel better when I'm done and be happy that I did it and that's what gets me out of bed. If I skip a run in the morning, I'll almost always want to do it later in the afternoon and wish that I would have done it in the morning.

If you feel like you're making progress, but don't see it in the mirror, take pictures or body measurements for reference! Sometimes it's hard to see gradual change, but it can be very helpful to see before and after pictures or to compare measurements and see that you've lost inches, especially if there's not much change on the scale.
  • davist64live
    davist64live Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm hitting the gym whenever I can here in Texas. My progress isn't visible yet. I know I can do things now that I couldn't 2 years ago.
  • themrsb192
    themrsb192 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Heller!!! Im here to find friends and get motivated just looking to lose 20lbs and get fit for my littles i want to be able to keep up with them. lol
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome again, I'm also back for the second time. My motivation is purely how unhappy I am with myself, I have finally reached that point :'( I work out in the late morning most days, sometimes I go at night with a friend of mine and I don't have much for hobbies. I work and I have four children so I'm busy busy :)