70 pounds lost and a new life gained :D

Options
soufauxgirl
soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
edited November 2016 in Success Stories
Hi MFPers,

Just wanted to share some of my progress pictures and my story so far. This website has quite literally been a lifesaver for me in so many ways during my transformation. I would like to thank you all for being a part of this wonderful community - this is my place to come and celebrate, commiserate, motivate and educate myself as well as my source of inspiration and determination from you incredible people to keep working towards my goals.

On the 16 December 2015 I decided that I really needed to change my life around, that day I had just been diagnosed with diabetes and anaemia, I was pale as a ghost, tired and rundown and was a real mess physically and mentally. When I walked out of the doctors office I knew that I had to start the same day and keep moving forward. The first month I lost 5kg simply by cutting out all the crap foods and eating really wholesome nutritious foods, vegetables and a lot of fruit and avocados. I cut bread and potatoes out drastically but not totally and I think that was one of my saving graces as potatoes was my ultimate comfort food.

Today I still have so much that I want to achieve but one thing I have learnt is...trust the process that MFP recommends, but at the same time adopt a common sense approach to how you want to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals. I currently eat between 1800-2100 calories, no food is off limits although I do have my favourite go-to meals, mostly homemade but have the occasional meal out. I drink lots of water, exercise everyday by running/walking or lifting and feel absolutely incredible. I cannot believe what I looked like almost a year ago but these photos will now serve as a reminder to keep myself focused, strong and determined. I wish everybody the best of wishes for your own journey.

ETA: haha excuse the wonky makeup my daughter was experimenting on me :p

6jaxztvyxryq.png
9yeo9nn1bu6b.jpg
l0vcimch379d.jpg
ubwucvv2bzhk.jpgccjerhy3ai92.png
h0177ytsahe8.png

Replies

• Jillianx115x
    Jillianx115x Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Very well done..you should be proud!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Simply awesome! Thanks for being an inspiration!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    You look like a whole new woman!! SO proud of you!! xo :*
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You look so awesome!! Way to go girl!!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look incredible. Always happy to see your posts on my wall.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look fantastic!
  • JenM261
    JenM261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and makeup looks great on you :)
  • hasmith85
    hasmith85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and 10 years younger, thx for posting. It really helps a beginner like me keep on going. I can't wait to post an inspiring before and after story in a year.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference a year can make... you look great- strong! Thanks for sharing!
  • skinnymam
    skinnymam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look as young as your daughters! Congratulations
    , I can't wait for that feeling!
  • onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!!!!! You was beautiful then...And now your still beautiful and healthy too!!!!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thank for sharing your story. You look great and tell your daughter I liked the make-up :wink:
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update! As I approach maintenance it is so encouraging to hear of people maintaining their loss and living a happy, healthy life. Thanks again. X
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Rizzo_8563
    Rizzo_8563 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options
    Nice job !
  • dyfalbarhad
    dyfalbarhad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! So glad to hear you’ve kept the weight off.
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and for the update! Great job! You look beautiful!
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nice job !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!