Need a lot of help, to lose a LOT of me

Options
I'm 23 years old and 290 lbs. I want to lose half of myself so that I can live to a ripe old age and have children I can actually keep up with one day. My boyfriend will not let me have kids until he knows I am at a healthy weight, which is completely fair and appreciated because he wants the best for me. I have struggled with being overweight nearly my entire life so I do not even know how to begin. I have no idea what it is like to be the weight I am supposed to be and so there is a definite fear of the unknown in starting the commitment to real lifestyle change to reach better health. Struggling with depression and self loathing never helps either. But I want to do this. I want to thrive while losing this weight, but I know I need a lot of help. Help?

Replies

• sfogrct3
    sfogrct3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'll help be some motivation. I myself need to lose a ton of weight - I'm 23 and 258 lbs. I also struggle with depression and also anxiety, so it's not always easy.

By using this community, we can do this!
  • theresadagenais
    theresadagenais Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes! Let's do this!
  • Lindz2H
    Lindz2H Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! I'm losing for similar reasons; wedding coming up and I want to be around and have a low risk pregnancy. my fiancé wants to start like ASAP. Add me and lets do this!!
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a fair amount to lose and some challenges I'm overcoming myself. A community of support is a key to big changes!
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you. Sweet babies are great motivation! <3
  • ggenet2014
    ggenet2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I’m new with 100 to lose. I’d gladly be your friend add me.