How is everyone progressing??

Options
AndyVowden
AndyVowden Posts: 11 Member
edited November 2018 in Motivation and Support
I found other peoples journeys encouraging.

If I can do it anyone can :-)

Replies

• RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    Fit 205 until around July 2016
    288 when I started lifting weights again in April 2018
    301 lbs when I got my eating on track at a 1000 cal/day deficit in August
    257 this morning
  • 2020yesyouwill2020
    2020yesyouwill2020 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Some days feel like a bust but incorporating a lifestyle change is key. I don't feel like I'm losing a ton of weight, but I go to the gym anyway. 😁
  • ImSoSquishy
    ImSoSquishy Posts: 57 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    when i started my fitness journey, i was a cigarette smoker for 9 years, and i was close to 230 lbs of fat. i found inspiration from powerlifting one day, and powerlifting is what i wanted to do. right away i signed up for gym, about a month after i got into powerlifting i quit smoking for good by switching over to vaping, then i went down to 3mg nicotine, then 0mg nicotine and i quit vaping for good as well within 4 months after i started training. because there is no powerlifting gyms in my area, i just joined a commercial gym. aside from learning form and techniques from other lifters on youtube, then learning through trial and error on my own at gym until i got it right. i did lots of research by myself. no one told me to but i thought it would help and it did. on my own, i would look into anything that would seem useful and even things the doesn't seem revelent-- from biomechanics, physics, medical science, science, human muscle diagram, human skeletal system, central nervous system, handling acute fatigue, signs/symptoms of nutrient deficiency. today i am 191.4 lbs, still staying humble as ever, i practice good form and discipline myself to train using USAPL rules as i do want to compete one day. i don't know if it's a genetic thing but i can't seem to put the fat back on. i'm eating like close to 3,000 calories per day but i'm still staying lean. when my weight started dropping i had to keep readjusting my form because without the fat on my butt, every time i leg drive for bench press my butt starts coming off the bench, also being 6ft tall with long legs doesn't help either, and i either have to do some crazy arch or not rely on leg drive to bench. sucks to be tall for benching :neutral: