what is the best at home excerise tape?

Options
I am new to working out so i am trying to get some input on what people think is a good at home work video for beginners...

Replies

• rdarmstrong23
    Options
    I've always loved any of "The Firm" exercise tapes- tons of options, and a little difficult to get in sync which just makes it more rewarding when you're right there with them!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6 is fantastic for beginners.
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It gets results, and one of the trainers modifies the exercises for beginners.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I just started Turbo Fire...I love it so far! It's hard, but Chalene Johnson = goddess :-)
  • fbuschur
    fbuschur Posts: 57
    Options
    I like this too, although I get pretty bored and haven't been able to do the full 30 days straight.
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    thank you :)

I guess i will be making a trip to target today :)
  • momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    I like my 30 day shred dvd. I also like the leslie sansone(sp) walk away the pounds.
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with Jillian. I hate her but love her cause it works! I always say if you have the ability to rent them on demand for free, try some different ones out.

All videos work, you just have to be persistant with it. So the best one for you will be the one that you enjoy doing so you'll do it all the time! A great place to look is collagevideo.com It is an awesome site. Breaks down all videos, rates them and they have great prices! Check it out.
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with Jillian. I hate her but love her cause it works! I always say if you have the ability to rent them on demand for free, try some different ones out.

All videos work, you just have to be persistant with it. So the best one for you will be the one that you enjoy doing so you'll do it all the time! A great place to look is collagevideo.com It is an awesome site. Breaks down all videos, rates them and they have great prices! Check it out.

thank you, i will do that...i will try the one on demand first :)
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest loser cardio max and really like it, it has 3 levels which is nice because when I first started I struggled through level 1.
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do not like Jillian Michaels, but her DVD's work. Once I get the routine down I just mute her and I do better. Until then I just yell at her a lot! I threw 30DS in my workouts in the begining, but now I am doing Ripped in 30. I can tell when I haven't been doing her workouts as my whole body feels a little bit looser.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Don't forget Bob Harper!! Of course, the one I have is soooooo hard!! Might not be good for beginners, but it is something to have and to work towards too!! It is the Ultimate Cardio Weightloss workout.....I got it at Sam's club. I also have tons of The Firm videos and love them!! That is what I started out with over 3 yrs ago when I started working out at home and still do the first one I started with! Just with heavier weights now! :wink:
  • AmazingStace
    AmazingStace Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty out of shape and a beginner. I love the Walk Away the Pounds series. They're effective, and they didn't discourage me because I couldn't keep up.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Any of the biggest loser series are great.