Decided to start losing weight to stop my son getting bullied

Options
I haven’t felt good for a long time, I put my family first and neglected myself and now my 6 year old son is waking up early hours of the night crying because he is being continuously bullied by another child because he has a fat mother 😢
I would love some pals for support and I’m keen to start feeling and looking better and give one less reason for my kid to be bullied. Thanks.

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this is happening. Please contact the school ( if the bully is from the school) and tell them what is happening. This should not be tolerated.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your son, but you should know that bullies will bully for any reason they can find--any little flaw, real or imagined. Losing weight is a good thing for you to do for yourself and your family. It will not make the bully go away. So, talk to your son about it, tell him you're willing to do what it takes to help him. I'd talk to his teacher and the school, if this is where it's going on. For the bully's sake, it's better for him to be brought up short before he damages other kids. Bullies have long careers.

Yes, all of this! I'm so sorry that you and your son are dealing with this <3
  • carlenebyrd
    carlenebyrd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sadly my daughter went through the past sadly it was more adults/family members then school kids. I have lost over 30 pounds. I have always stand by this saying even when i was 30 pounds heavier Haters are merely cowardly versions of admirers