Ninja recipes?????? Looking for some!

Options
jnt436
jnt436 Posts: 14
I bought my Ninja about a month ago and I LOVE it. The only thing I have made with it is my shakes and a really good chicken salad in the Ninja chopper. Anyone have a good one???

Chicken salad 3 servings: total calories/ serving 175

9oz chicken
1 cup of mixed peppers...I like green, yellow, and orange
1/2 apple
3 baby carrots
1 tbsp light italian dressing
2 slices of light wheat bread

Replies

• Soulbird81
    Options
    I've had mine for close to a year and I love it!!! However, I only make my protein shakes or fruit smoothies in it...

I'm a vegetarian and would LOVE to hear if anyone has recipes!
  • esf215
    esf215 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Which one did you buy? I was thinking about getting it to replace my blender but im hearing mixed reviews about it
  • jnt436
    Options
    I've had mine for close to a year and I love it!!! However, I only make my protein shakes or fruit smoothies in it...

I'm a vegetarian and would LOVE to hear if anyone has recipes!

My son is a vegetarian too! I made him the chicken salad, but used the vegetarian version of the chicken...forget the name of it though.
  • jnt436
    Options
    Which one did you buy? I was thinking about getting it to replace my blender but im hearing mixed reviews about it

I bought the Ninja prep pro. Bought mine at Target for $50...LOVE it! Best blender I have ever had and I have had 3 differant ones within the last 2 years...I blend alot...LOL! I have the Magic bullet too which I do like, but the Ninja is WAY better!
  • beaverneiv184
    beaverneiv184 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the Magic Bullet. I make "like IceCream" I use Fresh Fruit and Skim Milk. (2 Parts Fruit to 1 Part Milk) and I freeze the mixture. I've also used Iced Tea and Juice instead of Milk, comes out GREAT!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Ninja! I have the little blue one that came out about 2 or 3 yrs ago. I so want the KS1100!!! I use my Ninja all the time. Not just to make drinks (healthy and with liquor) I also use it to chop onions, bell peppers, carrots, etc... stuff that will not go to mush righ away and it doesnt matter that they are all the same size. A few pulses does the job well and saves me a lot of time and tears. I also make a mean salsa in it. My hubby likes to mix the pancake batter and I like to liquefy chunky soups into creamy soups too! Ohhh and I have also made ice cream.

I have not done it yet but I want to try: Turning ice into snow + flavored syrup = snow cone

Strawberry Ice Cream (can be done with any frozen fruit really, I also freeze bananas)
    1 cup of frozen strawberries
    1/4-1/2 cup of evaporated milk
    sugar or honey to taste

Blend the strawberries with a little bit of the milk. Add the milk gradually until you reach the desired consistency. Add sugar/honey after blending to add any needed sweetness.
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    My favorite is peach ice cream.
    1 c. Frozen peaches
    1 c. Milk - I use 2%, have a child
    3 packets of Splenda

Mix about 30 seconds and it is like soft serve or you cab throw n the freezer for a few minutes to firm up

This make 2 cups of ice cream. As is about 86 calories per cup

You can also use frozen strawberries
  • jnt436
    Options
    I LOVE my Ninja! I have the little blue one that came out about 2 or 3 yrs ago. I so want the KS1100!!! I use my Ninja all the time. Not just to make drinks (healthy and with liquor) I also use it to chop onions, bell peppers, carrots, etc... stuff that will not go to mush righ away and it doesnt matter that they are all the same size. A few pulses does the job well and saves me a lot of time and tears. I also make a mean salsa in it. My hubby likes to mix the pancake batter and I like to liquefy chunky soups into creamy soups too! Ohhh and I have also made ice cream.

I have not done it yet but I want to try: Turning ice into snow + flavored syrup = snow cone

Strawberry Ice Cream (can be done with any frozen fruit really, I also freeze bananas)
    1 cup of frozen strawberries
    1/4-1/2 cup of evaporated milk
    sugar or honey to taste

Blend the strawberries with a little bit of the milk. Add the milk gradually until you reach the desired consistency. Add sugar/honey after blending to add any needed sweetness.

I have to try that!!! AND I made the snow, but just to see it...AMAZING!
  • nickjett
    nickjett Posts: 1
    Options
    if your looking for some good free recipes check this site out http://theninjablenderrecipes.com/
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    HaHa....I clicked on this to see what a Ninja recipe was. I was thinking it would something with hidden or camoflaged ingrediants.